Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've thrown this up in the regional section, but I don't know how often it's checked. I got home from work last night and someone broke into my house and stole some electronics along with my 2007 R6. I bought the bike with 0 miles on it 1.5weeks ago. It was the dark gunmetal color. The bike still has the dealer plate on it. I'm more than willing to provide a VIN number if you guys are willing to help keep an eye out for me. I live in GA, but no telling where the bike will turn up.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
sry to hear about your loss ill keep an eye out here i guess in CT not too many of those colors in the area so if a new one shows up ill ask some questions

·
Viva la Figa!!
811 Posts
ill keep an eye out here in louisiana, but there are SO many that color here. luckily all the riders here are pretty close so we know if a new strange bike shows up and are always on the lookout for stolen bikes.

good luck on getting it back though...wish the best to you!

dont guess you did anything it yet did you? anything to make it stand out?

·
My KTM is partly Orange
492 Posts
Insurance is gonna love this story. using house or auto insurance for coverage?

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Who knew you had it? We had a suspect dealer up here for a while... Only brand new shit was turning up stolen.. they got your addy on file for the purchase....

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
it's someone you know dude, someone really close. neighbor, dealer, friend, everyone is a suspect a 1.5 weeks.

·
Perfection is on 2 wheels
75 Posts
same thing happened to me. It was one of "my friends" through the grapevine. They stole other stuff in the house to make it look legit. Totally spy/look at ur friends/some family/nieghbors and even the dealer

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same thing happened to a friend of mines GSX-R 750, he left it outside overnight with the steering wheel locked, it turned up missing when he woke up the next morning.

Rumor has it a good friend or "so called friend" of his stole it and took it to his shop a few hundred miles from where he lives and parted it out, but no one knows for sure though. It happened a year ago, now they are bringing people in for lie detector tests, and other stuff....hopefully they catch him if he did infact do it.

Thief's suck. :mad:

·
goofball royale
161 Posts
Had my first R6 stolen 3 weeks after I bought it. I live in an apartment building w/ "secure" parking, but I have no doubt one of my neighbors called their bike-jacking friend and got a commission on it. Huge thick chain through a rod-iron fence, disc lock, didn't matter. Clean job, middle of the day.

I hope you had full insurance. If you did, don't forget that you can negotiate the settlement. My insurance company came back low on my bike; I (very politely) asked what else could be done and they agreed to let an independent appraiser give a value. That got me several hundred dollars more.

Good luck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'm still waiting on the insurance company and I have a GAP insurance plan. I managed to put some miles on it before it was stolen, but I have no idea who it was. Only 3 of my friends know where I live. I found out that a house 2 houses down (which is about 100-150yards.....I live in the country) got robbed a couple of weeks back. I think some ppl are systematically hitting houses. I just got a call from a friend that heard over a police scanner that an ATV and a Motorcycle were just recovered in my county and were told to notify the police dept. in my city...but they didn't catch the VIN number over the scanner. So here's to hoping I'll get a phone call that its my bike.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I'm still waiting on the insurance company and I have a GAP insurance plan. I managed to put some miles on it before it was stolen, but I have no idea who it was. Only 3 of my friends know where I live. I found out that a house 2 houses down (which is about 100-150yards.....I live in the country) got robbed a couple of weeks back. I think some ppl are systematically hitting houses. I just got a call from a friend that heard over a police scanner that an ATV and a Motorcycle were just recovered in my county and were told to notify the police dept. in my city...but they didn't catch the VIN number over the scanner. So here's to hoping I'll get a phone call that its my bike.
I wouldn't want the bike back, its going to have a salvage title now that its a theft recovered vehicle.....I'd much rather my insurance give me cash for a new bike. Me personally, if someone steals my bike, I won't ride it ever again if my insurance refuses to replace it....i'll just sell it or part it out and get a new one.

Just my opinion though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.