Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stomp Design Stomp Traction Pad

the stomp traction pad is like a tank pad, but has these molded pieces sticking out. these things help when gripping the tank with your knees so you stay put. instead of sliding forward when you are hard on the brakes, and you know what that means, squishing your jewels. for me it also helps when i hang off the bike and when you transition from hangin off to get back into the center of the seat from extiting the corner. another plus for this product is it doesnt damage your pants. i seen some guys use the same non-skid stuff you find on skate boards and there leathers get really worn out on the inner thigh section. this item only comes in clear. i got this item from whitebuffaloracing.com. it was around $40, but well worth it.

good points - it helps stay in what ever position, wether its hanging off or sitting up right. you never slide forward and squish your jewels when you grip with your knees. another thing when braking hard, it helps me relax my arms. as we all know tensing of the arms is one of the wrong things to do. i used to tense up my arms to keep from sliding forward, not anymore, i just squeeze the tank with my knees. it also prevents scratches on the side of your tank. you will not damage your leathers like with that non-skid tape.

bad points - when applying this product on its hard to get rid of all the bubbles.

tips - position this item to where you want to place it. get some masking tape and make some referance points. then borrow the wifes/girlfriends hairdryer. now just heat the traction pad a bit then pull off the wax paper backing. start with one side and line up your referance points you made earlier and slowly rub it on. just like doing decals. then get like a cylindrical object to roll on the piece you just put on to get rid of the bubbles. just keep rolling. i used a tool from patching tires, looks something like one of those rolling type pizza cutters, but smaller and not sharp.

·
Registered
234 Posts
stone, thanks for the product and instructions on easier installation

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think those stomp pad would be a great investment. I have problems with my jewls getting crash and my jeans keep sliding up so my jewls get crush even more.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for me $40 is nothing compared to the pain of compacting your jewels everytime you brake hard.

besides i dont think they could discount it that much.

as for the looks go, try to imangie placing some clear stuff on the sides on the tank. it really doesnt obscure the look or anything. besides i know a few guys with scratches on the sides of there tank.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
MadChild said:
i'd be game for it, but i dunno how it would look on a blue bike.

They're clear.....I've seen it on a blue R6 when I was at the dealer show in Indy and you couldn't even tell unless you were up close, I was sold on it and I didn't even ride.....I was talkin to the head sales guy and he said they had some AMA guys riding with em and they loved 'em....and you know what they say, "if they're good for the goose they're good for the gander"...I'm definately puttin one on my next ride....

·
U Know da kine!?
1,687 Posts
I hate stomp grip for that reason. Try techspec.

·
Nut 'N Bitch
1,734 Posts
Put it on by starting from on corner then work your way across the the stomp grip. same as putting on any sticker

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
cool, post up some pics

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,676 Posts
Pretty cool, but I refuse to pay $40 for that.. MAYYYBE $20 with a GB! Let me know.

Edit: Great review by the way. KUDOS

1 - 20 of 23 Posts