Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Custom R6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else try these, they seem to work good for me, kinda holds your legs against tank. Anyway here is what they look like.

Attachments

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
I use the tech spek grips. They have more grip and are stickier. Chiefsmokedawg sells them too! The stomp grip is alright. It's better than nothing, it holds on a little but it isn't sticky enough. The nubs will hold your leg a big but not as much as the tech speks. Anyway, it comes down to opinion I guess. They're both good and better than nothing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
I'm sure the track/race guys will like this mod. Good looking out.
Must be a new product. Did it come out this July?

Never heard of it.

·
wat?
722 Posts
I use the tech spek grips. They have more grip and are stickier. Chiefsmokedawg sells them too! The stomp grip is alright. It's better than nothing, it holds on a little but it isn't sticky enough. The nubs will hold your leg a big but not as much as the tech speks. Anyway, it comes down to opinion I guess. They're both good and better than nothing.

Weird, I use techspec on my street bike because the nubs are less aggressive and I find they grip LESS. I use stompgrip on the track grip for more grip (but which is borderline uncomfortable if it touches my leg through a stretch panel).

To each their own I suppose. :)

And to the OP -- while this is certainly not a "new' product, I am sure there are plenty of new riders who have not heard of it yet. So don't get offended by the ribbing :*tongue

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
i used to use the stomp grip but i feel it didn't grip as well and it feels a little rough. now i use the tech spec and it grip great and feels more comfortable.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts

That is ass backward...I run both and, for the track, Tech Spec is shitty and wore off sooner than 4 tds...Called TS and they offer no help since it's a wear part, but after 4 uses? f that mess..I run them on my S (street bike) but nothing but stomps for the track bike...

Weird, I use techspec on my street bike because the nubs are less aggressive and I find they grip LESS. I use stompgrip on the track grip for more grip (but which is borderline uncomfortable if it touches my leg through a stretch panel).
This....I don't feel the nubs though.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts

·
Needs to Learn
158 Posts
I used what OP has for about 1 day of street riding. I cleaned the crap off the tank 4 times before applying them and they lasted 1 day and fell right off. I believe i got a bad set. :thumbdown

All in all id give them another shot if i knew they were going to fall off again.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
That is ass backward...I run both and, for the track, Tech Spec is shitty and wore off sooner than 4 tds...Called TS and they offer no help since it's a wear part, but after 4 uses? f that mess..I run them on my S (street bike) but nothing but stomps for the track bike...

This....I don't feel the nubs though.

Billy and I both like TS better. The only bad thing is they stick good to the tank but I have mine over my tank sliders and they didn't stick too well never came off but a flap would be up and I would have to press down again. The stomp grip was good but I felt my leg still move but not really slide. The TS kept my leg in the position without anything from myself to hold on. The stomp grip is like rubbery where the TS is grippy.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Billy and I both like TS better. The only bad thing is they stick good to the tank but I have mine over my tank sliders and they didn't stick too well never came off but a flap would be up and I would have to press down again. The stomp grip was good but I felt my leg still move but not really slide. The TS kept my leg in the position without anything from myself to hold on. The stomp grip is like rubbery where the TS is grippy.

It all comes down to user preference. Try both and see which you like. It's based off of opinions.

True, I just couldn't really feel the C3 set from TS through my leathers...

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
True, I just couldn't really feel the C3 set from TS through my leathers...
Yeah Idk what it is but it feels like the TS holds the leather better. I feel stomp grip is good when wearing shorts because during lunch break at the track I switched from stomp grip to TS. Who knows. They're both better than having no grips!

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I was about to mention leather vs jeans. It will make a difference. Also 2 brands of leathers will too. I have a pair of leather pants that grip my seat way too much but my a star suit glides on it like I have armor all on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts