Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

StompGrip- I Suck.....

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Agg2001 
#1 ·
Hey fellas, I just bought and applied Stomp Grips for the 2012 R6R in clear and..... by the title of this post, I am sure you already figured out what I did.

So rather than actually watching a video on installing this properly, I just peeled the back all the way off and held it up, and thought I did a great job- until I saw 10,000 bubbles underneath. :cuss

So, my question: because I jacked it up and did my best at getting the bubble out (not very much) should I just peel this stuff off and order another set? FML

-Thanks

#2 ·
A pic would help, I've never worked with stomp grip. You may be able to get the bubbles our with a heatgun or hairdryer and some patients.

"It just doesn't matter"

#3 ·
I had some bubbles when I installed mine but I just kept applying pressure and used something plastic to kind of squeeze the bubbles from the center outwards. Some heat will help a little but you don't need throw a heat gun at it. If you press in and try and get most of the bubbles out leave it overnight and do it again in the morning. Some of them will fix themselves when the bike is out in the sun. I did that and just kept hacking at the bubbles over the course of a few days and I don't have any bubbles at all.

Sent via smoke signals from the R6

#5 ·
Don't sweat it. It will eventually disappear. Keep your bike out in the sun a few days and you're golden

#7 ·
You can peel it off and re-use it as long as you cleaned the surface before you put the grips on.

I have reused my stomp grips without any problem. Go slow when re-applying it to ensure there are minimal bubbles to work with.

#12 ·
Heat gun?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.