Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I stop my brake pads in the front end from clicking... It's the dust shields that are on the back/top side of the pads. Seems like anytime i hit a bump at low speeds I can hear them click. I did a test today to make sure. It i slightly hold the front brake in an roll forward a tiny bit i hear it click then I went and moved them with my hands...

What can I do to stop this? anything I can put in between the shield and the calipers to stop it from clicking...

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
I think its normal and mind does the same thing....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a way to spread the shield out a little more so it fits tighter in the caliper?... I've never had the calipers off to find out.

I know when I put my Brembo on my car the pads where a little too short and it made a similar noise. What I did was put a thin piece of rubber hose in there so it didn't knock...

·
Registered
96 Posts
take the shield out...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
take the shield out...
I thought about that, but then wouldn't that just make more room for the pads to move and in turn click off the calipers louder? I've never taken apart the brakes to see the spacing and area that is designated for the pads to fit inside of the calipers... Any insight?

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
They all do it.... Nature of the beast. Annoying, I suppose.... I have gotten use to it and just ignore it.

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
I listen to my IPOD while I ride so little noises like that don't bother me anymore.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
It will still click though. It isn't the metal shields it's the actuall pads clicking against the calipers. When the pads drag a little on the rotor it pulls the pads up and into the caliper. The reason you can really here it is because the fender amplifies the sound. Think i'm full of shit..... Take your front fender off and see if the volume of the clicking doesn't go down. The pads will click in both directions to. when they come up into the caliper and when they fall back down. Gravity is a bitch. The fact that they do that is a good sign though. It means that the pads are retracting and moving freely. Live with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts