Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Die fast ride Yamaha
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my r6 and havent put in much riding, today i did a bit. I was wanting some advice about stop signs and red lights. I choked my bike down about three times today and was wandering if you guys had any advice starting and stopping. Is this just an experience issue?

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts
You'll get it don't worry. Gotta get your clutch hand strong and just stay in the friction zone when starting. I live on a decent sized hill and had to learn the hard way. Not too much gas, not too little. Just gotta get the feel for it that's all. Also you'll notice that when you put the clutch in the friction zone, if you are on flat ground, you don't even need to give it any gas to start off. Do exercises like that for a while in a parking lot to get used to your clutch.

·
Die fast ride Yamaha
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate it. yeah its not to bad. i guess its just the pressure of the other vehicles and such behind me.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Sign up for the MSF class. I took the ERC course and I don't think I've ever used my clutch as much in a week as I did in those 8 hours. Just a guess, but it sounds like you don't have a license. Take the class and in most states waive the DMV test for your M endorsement.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just remember to keep giving it gas. People generally let off the clutch without giving it gas.

You need to roll the throttle to get moving.

·
Die fast ride Yamaha
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
appreciate the help fellows. ill be takin the msf course soon they offer one locally.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i had the same problem the first week i got my bike. but i just had my friend drive right behind me watching out for me. The first time i stalled 2 times at small stop stop sign intersection, but luckily my friend was right up my ass, so he blocked off the whole intersection waiting for me to get going again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts