Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
wants to drag knee
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im in a parkinglot with the clutch in and i rev the bike a bit when the rpms are coming back down i hear a clunk that sounds like its coming from the tranny//clutch. what could this be and how do i fix it? loose close plates?

im open to ideas

thanks

Joel

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
are you putting it into gear when the revs are coming back down?

·
wants to drag knee
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, its in first gear usually with the clutch lever pulled in

·
wants to drag knee
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no on has any ideas?

·
wants to drag knee
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dunno, i know what clunk youre talking about cuz all bikes do that, this seems different, like something inside the tranny or clutch is shifting more than it should with the rpm change

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Sure it's not some drive axle lag? ie: clutch in, then out and just after the clutch engages you hear/feel through the pegs a small but deliberate clunk. If that's the case, you might be feeling a bit of lag in delivery to the drive axle. Honestly, I'm guessing, because I've only experience this once, the first time I changed my front sprocket on my first bike, a 125 about 7 years ago, I tightened the nut with the bike in first gear, but using hand tools, so my force was being exerted on the drive axle turning it. Shortly after that, I noticed a clunk and a split second lag between the feel of clutch engagement and power delivery.

·
wants to drag knee
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the clunk happens with the clutch in though. so it doesnt seem like there would be any pressure on it to make it clunk. its when i rev the bike with the clutch pulled in that it clunks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.