Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha R6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have an 03 R6 build that I've been working on after acquiring it for about 2000.

Everything has gone swimmingly until after this winter. I finish topping up all of the fluids on the bike and take it for a ride to which everything goes well. The next ride I take it to get gas and after I stop at the station, I notice coolant pooling up under my bike, like alot of coolant. So I finish getting gas and take it home, no overheating on the way home and park, I noticed that there was no leakage behind me while riding, only when stopped the coolant pooled up under my bike. Topped up the fluids but it's strange that it continuously does this. Anyone else ever had a similar issue?

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Yeah had a similar experience...

These don't hold much so it don't take much to empty that tiny little reservoir. If the reservoir is empty, don't chance it. At least get some distilled water in there.

·
2 wheels > 4 wheels
174 Posts
The hoses are about 20 years old. Dry rotting happens even on synthetic silicone, let alone rubber. If you want to make sure this won't happen again, replace all polymer tubing and all gaskets & O-rings with new ones. The copper drain gasket on the water pump is also notorious if not replaced with brand new one every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts