Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 03 R6. That has some kinda throttle/rpm issue. once i open past about 25% throttle it just doesn’t respond and i loose speed till i go back down them it returns to accelerating. At that low throttle i can hit about 8k-ish in 6th which puts me 70-75 so i can ride but still need it solved.

clutch fibers/plates/springs all brand new, pressure plate clocked correctly, a shop tested tps, fuel pump and injectiors and said it was fine while doing other work but I haven’t verified. I dont have any lights on. Not sure what else to say. Any help appreciated because this is weird to me

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just went through diag mode after reading a post.

D01 throttle reading is min 20 and max 91 which is out of spec but what would that affect?

D08 lean angle is 2.5 which is weird because from what i read Upright: 0.4 1.4 V and Overturned: 3.8 4.2 V It is bypassed so not sure if it would affect anything

D09 fuel system voltage is 11.6 from what i read it supposed to be approximately 12

all other number read zero. Fuel pump and fan acuated fine. Except headlight switch but i knew that.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
TPS numbers should increment and decrement smoothly with no gaps or jitter. Min and max are slightly out of spec, but that alone shouldn't have that impact.

Spark plug appearance and gap good? Fuel pressure in spec? (temporarily disconnect regulator vac line while reading)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TPS numbers should increment and decrement smoothly with no gaps or jitter. Min and max are slightly out of spec, but that alone shouldn't have that impact.

Spark plug appearance and gap good? Fuel pressure in spec? (temporarily disconnect regulator vac line while reading)
I just got my hands on a multi meter today so ill be check voltage and resistance on coils tomorrow and well as plug look/gaps. I didn’t think the tps should be that big an effect. Especially if i line up bottom spec then I should only be losing a little off of wot… except i cant actually get there. Thought I would open up fuel pump tomorrow and look for problems there too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts