Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its prolly a stupid question but how do people do it. like when its on the side of the rear seat. what do you do to strap it to the side. thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
if you pop the rear seat off, there are little tabs on each side. Just hooke the metal rings on the helmet srap to them and put the rear seat back on. jsut keep a hold of the helmet when putting it on and taking it off, ive almost droped mine a couple times. :devils

·
Registered
305 Posts
yeah i actually use the seat to hook the helmet to it. Im on a 03.... not to sure about earlier models. Freakin pain in the ass. Ive taken my old Duke metal thingy majig and now use that (just a long peice of plastic covered cable with loops on either end)

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Cowboy said:
if you pop the rear seat off, there are little tabs on each side. Just hooke the metal rings on the helmet srap to them and put the rear seat back on. jsut keep a hold of the helmet when putting it on and taking it off, ive almost droped mine a couple times. :devils
yup that's how I secure my helmet too, but it is not suggested to ride your bike with a spare hanging this way....

·
a dead Lois?!
343 Posts
Mikeeh76 said:
ywp that's how I secure my helmet too, but it is not suggested to ride your bike with a spare hanging this way....

which brings up another point I was curious about (and kind of ties into the thread) what's the best way to get around with a spare helmet? just strap it to a backpak?

~J

(and on a side note, Mikeeh76, that's a sweet avatar, that movie rocked!!)

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
grep_rask said:
which brings up another point I was curious about (and kind of ties into the thread) what's the best way to get around with a spare helmet? just strap it to a backpak?
~J
(and on a side note, Mikeeh76, that's a sweet avatar, that movie rocked!!)
I think the best and safest way to do it is using those helmet nets.
I used them for transporting helmets more securely and with peace of mind.

or like you mentioned, maybe strap on to the backpack (I think Icon has his kind) or if you have a big enough pack that you can fit the whole helmet in.

yeah that movie was really awesome. those things tripped me out

·
Yamaha Lifetime Member
53 Posts
The under seat tabs work OK for me, but I sometimes just strap the helmet to the strap that runs across the pu$$y pad. Holds on a little tighter @ hi speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts