41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
How much is it stretched?

Looks good but prolly would have looked a little better with a wider swingarm.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I personally wouldnt stretch my bike, but i know the benefits.
More than a few times i saw faster bikes getting beat by slower ones all because the "slower" ones were stretched and got the launch on them.

It must be fun beat some 1k on a lil 600.

I actually like the arm, i hate extensions, a after market arm just look "righter"

·
Registered
360 Posts
i have a soft spot for stretched bikes, my 1st bike was a 93 cbr 900rr that was 8" over and i miss it... but just noticing, your swingarm lacks any lower bracing. for such a long stretch id be worried about flex under load, just my thinking though, but welcome! fcuk the haters, if you like it roll with it!

·
RESPECT noob
8,488 Posts
If you're not going to be tracking your bike or hitting the twisties, and you like the look of the stretched, I don't see the problem here.

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts
Looks like someone took a shit, then you made it into your swing arm.
i dont like the look either, but thats just funny.

:hammer

·
R6 Fanatic, R1 Owner
23 Posts
Yea that stretch looks to be a little too long. Kinda hard to transfer weight back there at 600 power levels. I personally think that's a little far for even 1ks but whatever. Have any slips or vids?

·
When in doubt flat out
31 Posts
it looks awesome.

downside is you are throwing the stiffness of the chassis and agility of the bike out the window.

I'm also under the belief that its hard to "improve" on what hundreds of engineers spent hours developing, with performance at the top of their list.

all that said, I like the picture. it looks cool, and i would never do it to my own bikes.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts