Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Get you some!
1,016 Posts

·
Live & Learn
904 Posts
I can't understand why your stretching a R6 do you have plans on drag racing it? It looks ugly as hell and only serves two purposes....drag racing and always looking like a idiot. while your at it put a 360 on there. :nono

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I can't understand why your stretching a R6 do you have plans on drag racing it? It looks ugly as hell and only serves two purposes....drag racing and always looking like a idiot. while your at it put a 360 on there. :nono
It does work pretty damn good for drag racing. That I assure you.

·
Live & Learn
904 Posts

·
^ True Story ^
583 Posts
I'd never stretch mine but I like others have mentioned, its your bike. I suppose it could also be something unique for parking lot pimpin

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 04, it was wrecked at the track but I'm fixing it up and I plan on stretching it 4 inches. Me and my buddies mostly ride for fun and race. When u know your bike, minor adjustments and curves are no issue.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
My Power band is blue
2,344 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
It's not a problem,
its just that most of us view stretching out a motorcycle the equivalent of putting bigass heavy chrome rims on a sports car. It hinders performance, and doesn't look right.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's not a problem,
its just that most of us view stretching out a motorcycle the equivalent of putting bigass heavy chrome rims on a sports car. It hinders performance, and doesn't look right.
:fact

Except this is the drag racing section, and extended swing arms improve performance on the drag strip :sing

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
:fact

Except this is the drag racing section, and extended swing arms improve performance on the drag strip :sing
How dare you come in here and point out relevant information.... That activity is frowned upon around here.

·
Punisher
33 Posts
I have never raced with a racing tire... I've only raced with the same tires that I use on the street. That being said, I launch at 8k and have a hard time getting traction. there would have to be a huge wheelie problem for me to even consider getting a stretch, and I would probably put it on before the drags, and remove it right after. Other than that, i think only certain bikes can pull it off.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts