Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strider Balance Bikes are now available from Riders Discount. Get your child as young as 18 months on two-wheels learning the fundamentals of balance, leaning, and steering, without the distractions and complications of pedals or training wheels.

The Strider's simple, no-pedal design builds confidence and eliminates the fear by allowing your child to have their feet on the ground and progress at their own pace. Quick clamp seat and handlebar posts allow for quick and easy changes as they grow.

This genuine Strider Balance bike is the lightest balance bike in their category at 6.7 pounds and have the lowest seat height for the youngest starting age.

Your kid will be the coolest in the neighborhood rolling on 12's. These five-spoke wheels are wrapped in industrial foam that are durable and offer a smooth ride. Better yet, they'll never go flat.

Also in the box is your child's very own number plate, so they can be as cool as mom or dad.

Frame colors available in blue (Answer graphics), red (MSR graphics) as pictured, or yellow (ProTaper graphics). Strider balance bikes adhere to the most stringent safety standards acceptable for age 18+ month children.

For more information, feel free to send Brad a message through this forum or give him a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 810. Is email more convenient? Send us an email to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we'll get back to you right away!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
What I don't get is ... how does the bike "go" with no pedals and chain?

Like, do you need to be on a hill?

The kids push the bike along with their feet like a flintstones car. It is truly amazing man.

I have first hand seen the littlest kids ride em and then jump on a 50cc and take off. These kids are so young they suck at talking but can ride with no training wheels.

The kids push along to get going and they soon start coasting. Then they coast further and further and it teaches em how to balance. Then they get on a pedal bike, and push to get going and feet to the pedals and they ride em like no problem. I'm talkin 3 year olds hammering around all day no training wheels!!

My cousins kids are 5&6 and still need training wheels. But now they would need the second size up on the strider bike with the brake and it is a bit more money. Kids birthday is coming up next month. I'm gonna get him one. Watch the YouTube videos. Kids so young learning to ride without being tricked into thinking the adult is pushing the bike

:YEA

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Best invention since the ipad pocket p (aka flesh light)....:yes!
Wut.

How is that comparable with this? Sick bastard..

·
KneeDragger#555
110 Posts
I can attest to the fact that these are amazing learning bikes. I bought one for my son when he was 16 months and he is now 2 and flying around on this thing. Ive taken him too the bmx track with it and he has his first strider race last month. Just last week he picked his feet up and is coasting around my driveway.....at 2....im thinking he should be on a pw50 by the time hes 3 :) and hopefully on one of my big bikes by 4 :0 jk but its impressive!

If you have a young child there is no better way to learn to ride this is a truley great idea!

Here is Jake between 16-18months
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C1DBqyK6dQ&list=UUoUMVQ1cvgy8JvKar9DW-5A

And here he is last week. 2yrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8QCSIvjjM&index=2&list=UUoUMVQ1cvgy8JvKar9DW-5A

·
KneeDragger#555
110 Posts
And before you start bashing me for him not wearing a helmet. He always wears one but when i got home from work and saw him doing this i had to record it before the helmet went on!

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
The size of this suitable for a 5 year old? Can you PM me price please?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts