Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

We've made a bunch of these at 12" long and 3" diameter like Rossi's in carbon and Titanium

We need to decide what mounting kits to make now so would anyone be interested in this kind of thing for the R6's

·
Registered
836 Posts
Are they similar to the Arrow Racing short can???

I have seen a couple of those on some R6 race-bikes, and they look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Wolf said:
Hi

We've made a bunch of these at 12" long and 3" diameter like Rossi's in carbon and Titanium

We need to decide what mounting kits to make now so would anyone be interested in this kind of thing for the R6's
just like this Pete. any pricing as of yet?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the one Pen, prices would be the same as our normal cans give or take...

Just need to know if people want them for the R6 or not for now

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
will the midpipe stay as beefy as that one does all the way to the can so that the can is just barely bigger than the midpipe? or will it be a standard midpipe to the can?

I think its a tremendous idea. would be perfect for someone looking to do a rossi/checa replica bike, which when Rossi wins MotoGP this year, will be all the rage among Yammy owners!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The link pipe is about 1/2" smaller than the can so looks not far different but we could make it bigger outside and sleeved inside (too big inside and it looses power) to give the right look

Yep, Rossi is the man and he'll win it again and you're right I think people will be mad for the Rossi look

·
Registered
42 Posts
sounds cool i would probly go for one depending on price. and weather or not it is insanly loud. i like the idea of the sleeved pipe, tapered would be even cooler. if you need a tester in the US let me know hehe :naughty

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
hell ya that would be sweet, any chance of a hi mount version. and also could you include the sweet ass carbon heat shield by the pegs to :mrgreen:

oh ya , id buy one if i got the money together, especially since the one i have now is kinda scratched up

·
Registered
476 Posts
i think its a pretty pimp idea... would have to see the final product.

but yeah, i would love to put one of those on my bike... if i wasnt completely forking broke right now with moving to the other side of america.

post some images when you can! :hump

·
Registered
94 Posts
EvilRsix said:
i like the low mount
:stupic dunno why either i guess i like seeing the high seat and the gap between the tire and the rear just my oppinion :hammer :cheers

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Have you tested them on an R6 yet?
What kind of HP gains/losses would be expected with the larger pipe diameter?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
TexasR6 said:
Have you tested them on an R6 yet?
What kind of HP gains/losses would be expected with the larger pipe diameter?
i think hes going to make it where a smaller pipe inside the larger one is the actuall exhasut, the large would just be for looks.

oh ya, he said hes already made some but hes still workin out the kinks, so he should have some up forsale pretty soon :hump

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
OOh, daddy like!

I wanna see and hear, and i bet my neighbors would ALSO like to see and hear :hammer

You can send one my way for show and tell in the central states :cheers

·
Registered
380 Posts
Build it and they will come

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ON sale now - there are several with one of the guys on the forum who can chime in any time if he's not sold them all yet ! If not we have them on the shelf

1 - 20 of 138 Posts