Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pipe and chain/sprockets

[/quote]

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Marker lights

from the front (the scratches on the headlight are custom too...due to a precision maneuver gone awry...)

from the back

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some pimp blue lights under the seat (hardwired into the connecters that used to be for the license plate light)

they look better in person

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coming soon (on order).

Frame sliders

Tinted windscreen by powerbronze

Coming, but probably not so soon.

Scotts dampener

Joe Rocket Yamaha replica jacket

Wave rotors

Stainless brake lines

After that, I will be completely satisfied...I think...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey jasamb... what made you go with a Devil pipe? And how much did all this cost, and how much will all the stuff not done yet cost?

I'm interested in putting red neons (like cars) in my lower fairing between my wheels. And how did you do those "markers" can you do that with a '03 also? Stuff looks sweet, and I like the blue lights...

-Solace

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
SolaceRye said:
And how did you do those "markers" can you do that with a '03 also?

-Solace
i say it could be done to the '03. look at this thread;

http://www.r6-forum.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=639

my friend, ratbike r6, used greggs customs leds on his. i want to do the same thing to mine also. jeffsy did an awesome job also. he posted alot of nice pics in the thread. but it takes alot of work. the bike will not be ridden for about 2 days. to let the adhesive and silicone dry. not to mention trying to clean out the debris in the headlight assembly after you drill the holes.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey jasamb... what made you go with a Devil pipe?
They are my favorite and they look bad-ass on an R6

And how much did all this cost,
Pipe was kinda expensive, but the lighting stuff was cheap.

and how much will all the stuff not done yet cost?
More

As far as putting those markers in...

It took like an hour tops (mine do not work as turn signals, I like them to be on all the time).

I did it the easy way!

Go to the auto parts store and buy two small light sockets and two bulbs total cost $7

Take off the front fairing/headlight (this will be the most difficut part)

Look on the back of the headlight assembly and see the spot that they will go.

Grind down the little plastic nipple that is in the way.

Once it is flat, drill out your hole (start with a small hole then make a bigger hole then a bigger one til you have the right size).

look at the socket you prchased and try to imagine what kind of hole it will fit into.

Make your new hole on the headlight look like the one you just imagined use a dremmel tool or a hot soldering iron--(if you use a sooldering iron remember, it is hot so be careful)

Put the light in the new hole.

Find the wires that your turn signals are connected to there are three (one is probably not connected to anything if you have aftermarket signals with monofiliment bulbs)

One is the ground, one is the flashy one and one is the one that stays on all the time

Connect the two wires on your new marker light to the ground and whichever one you want to (depending on whether you want it to flash or not flash)

**You may have to be creative wih how you splice th wires together to make the connection**

Put everything back together

Turn yor bike on, step back and see how cool it looks

Go for a ride

Pick up tons of chicks--because your bike is "really cool" now

Do wheelies.

**to get the stuff that falls into the headlight out, simply shake it to the front , remove the headlight bulb, flip the whole thing over, and shake the stuff out of the large hole. Dont stick your fingers in there.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude, YaYo, my gasket finally came in. three weeks later!

So, I put the clutch cover back on (not as easy a task as it looks)

Changed the oil, put a gallon of gas in the tank, started her up.

She warmed up for about 15 mins. Then, I couldnt resist. Even though it was 25 degrees out, I took her out. Drove around the parking lot of my apartment complex. And let me tell you...

MY BIKE IS A FUCKING BEAST NOW!!!

JEt kit
Devil slip on
520 chain
1 down two up lightweight sprocket
New plugs
New air filter

Holy Shit...

The tires never got warm and I didnt go over like 8000rpms, but MAN!!

I expected an increase in power, but DAMN.

Merry Christmas to ... ME!!!

PS, there is no pipe that sounds better on an R6 (or any bike for that matter) than the one I got. It was well worth the months of research I did to find the best sounding pipe out there.

This pipe is the SHIT!!!

hammythecanman.com is cool too for makin it happen (shameless plug)

I would put a sound clip on here, but **** if I know how. You guys can just call me and Ill put the phone up to the bike and rev it up. :roll:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before and afte if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd love to see a pic of it!
Glad you like it dude!! I kinda put my exhaust quest on hold till I get a new PC built. LOL It's gonna be a long winter. There'll be lots of time for me to get an exhaust.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Anyway you can get a sound clip? I'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fixed the picture...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts