Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll. Someone decided to steal the seat off my '01 and the black thing that i think was the computer unit (?) under it. Here's the deal, I shopped for insurance yesterday but didnt like the quotes, so i put it off till today, hahaha! So, would it be wise to get insurance ASAP, then file a police report a few days from now and then file a claim?? Has anyone got new insurance and then filed a claim a few days later? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks! Also, should i just take the hit and replace the parts myself and not file a claim which would raise my rates?

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
personally, i would just buy the parts to fix and buy an alarm, probably under 500 bucks anyway, and that what my deductable is so i would stil wind up paying. but thats just me.

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,634 Posts
skubydobdo said:
Hey ya'll. Someone decided to steal the seat off my '01 and the black thing that i think was the computer unit (?) under it. Here's the deal, I shopped for insurance yesterday but didnt like the quotes, so i put it off till today, hahaha! So, would it be wise to get insurance ASAP, then file a police report a few days from now and then file a claim?? Has anyone got new insurance and then filed a claim a few days later? Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks! Also, should i just take the hit and replace the parts myself and not file a claim which would raise my rates?
So you want to know if any of us will say it's ok to commit a federal felony. :dunce:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YES!!! haha. I appreciate it. It just came to my mind that i'd pay the deductable anyways so I might as well buy the parts myself. dammit

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Im sure it wold be cheaper to get the stuff off ebay that was stolen. If you claim it there goes $500. Dont know about where you live but im in a no fault state so no matter what my insurance goes up.

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
The insurance company will give you insurance from the day you pay them, but full coverage will not be in effect till you bring the bike to one of there inspection stations to make sure there isn't anything wrong with it.

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
if they did take the computer thats not cheap i priced one for a 06 r6r and it was 1300 i would just ask around its 85% of the time its someone that knows you thats how i got my stolden bike back

·
Daily Bike Commuter
104 Posts
thatfastone said:
if they did take the computer thats not cheap i priced one for a 06 r6r and it was 1300 i would just ask around its 85% of the time its someone that knows you thats how i got my stolden bike back
you must be from a small town where the same people just steal bikes from each other. It wouldn't be like that here in LA.

·
Registered
560 Posts
if they took the computer for the 01 version i doubt it would be close to 1300. its not fuel injected like the newer models and nothin like the newer 06 as far as electronically controlled things

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
detroit isn't that small i just know alot of riders here im always on the bike in the summer and wildkyle is probly right on that i always forget older bikes are carbed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts