Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... I'm a retard. Its official.

Windy as HELL here in Iowa yesterday.

Got home. Parked in front of the garage door... walked around garage, opened overhead door. (seems normal, right?) My dumb a$$ put the stand UPHILL from the bike. Wind comes around garage, POW bike goes down. Explicatives begin spewing forth from my mouth.

Time for some new plastic. ... or... maybe... carbon :D I'm starting to feel better already!

K... so... that gives me the good excuse to practice some endo's cuz I haven't, cuz I didn't wanna screw up and scratch the bike... now that we've solved the scratches, here come the stunts!

So... 10 mins or so of some pretty high rear wheel action in front of the house... front tire begins to lock up and slide, rather than grab and bring up the back... any ideas? hot brakes, shitty tire (dunlop, i know, i know) what am i missing here?

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Thats funny bike is scratched so f**k it!!! You probably werent putting enough weight on the front wheels. Good luck buddy. After I dumped mine I started hitting the wheelies. I was thinking the same thing.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
yeah i don't ever try stunts, but my front slides before the rear comes up. but my legs are always locked on the the bike like vice grips and i never put weight on my arms. i think you have put alot of weight forward to do that, and maybe set up your suspension for it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts