Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just have to share this story with all of you. Let me just say I have a big, loud mouth, and I'm not afraid to use it.

So with that said, yesterday I take the Kearny Villa Rd. exit from northbound Route 163. The exit curves, and there are 2 left-turn lanes onto Kearny Villa Rd. Now I'm sure this has happened to all of you: Some idiot(s) use the far left turn lane and as they complete the turn they swing over into the right left turn lane (if that all makes any sense). So this jerk in an older Ford Aerostar minivan does just that--signals and starts to cut right in front of me. Not only to get into that 2nd lane, but to get in the far right right turn only lane--i.e., 2 lanes over. So I go around him and gave him one big giant 1-finger salute.

I'm planning to continue north on Kearny Villa and Mr. Jerk is to the far right so he can turn onto Balboa Ave. As he passes by me he says something, but I couldn't hear it through my helmet and ear plugs. But did I ever start yelling at him! He gives me the 1-finger salute and drives on. Just behind him is a guy in a pickup truck and he's looking at me yelling, with this look on his face as if to say dude, what's your problem. Like I care.

So I'm thinking hey, I'm in no hurry. I'm going to make a right on Balboa and see if I catch up to him, and have some fun with this one. Well sure enough in the far right lane at the intersection with Ruffin Rd. he's stopped at a red light, behind a few cars. And where do I end up without even trying? Right behind him. Perfect. Oh, there's more....

So I put down my kickstand, unzip my tank bag's side pocket, take out a condom, get off the bike, walk right up to Mr. Jerk's window (which was opened a few inches), and totally catch him by surprise (I don't think he even knew I ended up behind him) when I quickly throw the condom into his open window and yell, "Use this and don't duplicate yourself!!!"

Back to my bike. A minute later the light changes, he continues on and I make a right on Ruffin and backtrack to my original destination.

And this got me to thinking I need to get packets of Mydol. Every time I encounter some bimbo in an SUV or minivan that thinks it's her right to run down everyone, yup, up to the window, hand over the Mydol, and tell her please use this before someone gets killed because of her PMS attack!

And yesterday wasn't the first time I got in some driver's face. Recently in Los Angeles I had some bitch try to go around me when she didn't have right of way and shouldn't be trying to make a space where one shouldn't be. Well, off my bike, up to her open window (which she couldn't raise in time as I put my hands on it and stopped it from going up), and I screamed at the top of my lungs, Will you stop driving like a F-ing bitch?!? She pulled back, frightened, and did I ever put the fear of God in her!

Some of YOU reading this might even be thinking what's this guy's problem. I'll tell you what my problem is: I'm old enough to remember those cute TV commercials telling motorists to "Drive defensively. Watch out for the other guy." Good advice, but I got to wondering, why doesn't the other guy watch out for himself? Why must those of us that are responsible be on the lookout for those that aren't? That's akin to us paying for all that uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance because some drivers won't buy--or buy enough--insurance. Why should WE pay the price--literally? I've worked in the legal business enough to see the prevailing attitude that no one is at fault--it's someone else's (or your) fault. I hit your bike? Well, what were you doing riding at night? I changed lanes into you? Well, I didn't see you; you should have worn brighter clothing. No, YOU should have looked over your shoulder and not assume just because your blinker is on it's automatically safe to make that lane change.

And maybe, just maybe, next time one of these stupid idiots I've encountered will think twice before doing something stupid because of that crazy nut case on a motorcycle they encountered last time. Fortunately for them, I remembered to take my meds that day....

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
650 Posts
Amen brother!
When people do shit like that to me i'll scare them by reving my bike really high. Just because its stock exhaust, doesn't mean it isn't loud.
Funny ass story man. A good read. I agree with you 100 %.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Haha. I lol'd several times while reading this. I feel you though man. Although I can tell I'm much more laid back. Even though you feel like what you are doing is helping in the long run to make them more aware the 2nd time, I think it will just piss people off and they will do shit to other bikers to take out their fury and bad history of incidences like these. Funny story though, thanks for the entertainment. :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Entertaining story, but I feel your efforts are in vain. Those drivers will still be just as crappy tomorrow, and the next day, and the next... It won't be until they kill someone that they might change their ways... might... :(

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
lol thats a pretty good on the spot burn, i never would of thought of the condom one. But i totally agree with you, some people have no clue what is going on around them, and needless to say car > bike 100% of the time.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Wow you need to simmer down chonch. ?Just ride like every person around you is the biggest idiot on earth. Trust me it works... Be careful out there, it's legal to own a gun in this country.

·
Registered
313 Posts
lol thats a pretty good on the spot burn, i never would of thought of the condom one. But i totally agree with you, some people have no clue what is going on around them, and needless to say car > bike 100% of the time.
We have some of those "Smart Cars" around here...I might be able to take one of those.:lmao

·
R64LIFE
283 Posts
I totally agree with what you did, i myself would never do that but i'm a pussy lol. Just as long as you don't hurt anyone, maybe just maybe they'll think twice before doing something stupid again.

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
I posted my story about almost getting destroyed and I yeled at the lady but everyone told me I was wrong for doing that. And Im the douche for yelling at a whore who threatens my life. Dont get it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I posted my story about almost getting destroyed and I yeled at the lady but everyone told me I was wrong for doing that. And Im the douche for yelling at a whore who threatens my life. Dont get it.
Yea I noticed the same thing I think your downfall was you were going to shatter their window where as he is just doing funny things that really won't hurt anyone but still gets the point across.

·
Registered
313 Posts
98% of cagers are stupid and narrow visioned unless they themselves ride motorcycles. To be honest (and I don't want to jack this thread so I apologize if this gets people started) I think everyone should have to learn (whether they use it or not) to drive a manual transmission, ride a motorcycle, and handle/fire a firearm. The more you know the better.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
I think that if you are being as careful as you should be while riding and you have the required skills, just about every situation is pretty easy to handle and not even worth any 'vigilante' efforts.

·
Do what scares you...
81 Posts
Wow you need to simmer down chonch. ?Just ride like every person around you is the biggest idiot on earth. Trust me it works... Be careful out there, it's legal to own a gun in this country.
Exactly! But I guess it's easier for him to be the "tough guy" when he's picking on dudes in mini-vans and women.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
while on the subject what about idiots throwing their damn cigarettes out the window i've gotten behind many an idiot and jumped off the bike and walked up to their window and yelled @ them to watch where they throw that shit because it just caught me in the neck

i used to smoke and i'm all about smokers rights and for people to do what they please if its not gonna cause someone else physical harm

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If I ever got off my bike to yell at someone, I'd be afraid that they'd just back up into my bike. I might do it if I parked next to them though.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I don't exactly agree with getting off your bike and going up to peoples cars I do believe that is a little excesive but people do need to be reminded that Motorycles are around and they need to look for them, I yelled at my fiancee the other day cause she was driving to close to a motorcycle, she got all pissed but hell she knows I ride and she is going to be learning to ride to so I just said what if you were on that bike and someone was tailing you like you are them, she calmed down and backed off the guy. Seriously though people get more and more stupid as time goes and pay less and less attention to there surroundings and puts us in danger if scaring the hell out of them reminds them to pay attention good, more power to you but we do kinda have to expect people aren't going to see us and just compensate for it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had a guy in an old truck playing cAt and mouse with me on the highway. He took my exit so i pulled up to him an knocked off his mirror. Then i drove off. Only time i have gotten off my bike was when i couldnt trigger a light sensor and im sitting there trying to ease forward so the car behind would pull forward onto the sensor. I got off my bike, pointed at the ground and motioned her forward. She stare motionless and blankley at me and refused to pull over. I stood there for 2 more light rotations screaming at her till finally another car pulled in the other lane and triggered it. I was livid.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
can someone read me this for my bedtime story...cliff notes.:poke

·
Registered
459 Posts
I don't exactly agree with getting off your bike and going up to peoples cars I do believe that is a little excesive but people do need to be reminded that Motorycles are around and they need to look for them, I yelled at my fiancee the other day cause she was driving to close to a motorcycle, she got all pissed but hell she knows I ride and she is going to be learning to ride to so I just said what if you were on that bike and someone was tailing you like you are them, she calmed down and backed off the guy. Seriously though people get more and more stupid as time goes and pay less and less attention to there surroundings and puts us in danger if scaring the hell out of them reminds them to pay attention good, more power to you but we do kinda have to expect people aren't going to see us and just compensate for it.
+1 on that every since they showed that biker on TV getting shot when he got off his bike to yell at a chic that cut him off so he cut her off last year you never know how someone is going to react.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts