Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO in order for me to bring my bike to school and park it there I need to get a damn parking sticker. It's obnoxiously blue and about 2"x2.5". They are very dick about it and insist that it's attached to the bike in a "permanent" fashion.

What do you guys suggest I do so it doesn't look crappy as hell? I definitely don't want it on any painted parts!

Any type of plate I could by to bolt on somewhere that is rather inconspicuous?

Anyone else have to deal with crap like this?

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
Find a thin refrigerator magnet slightly larger than the sticker. Stick the sticker to the magnet. Cut the excess off the magnet. Throw that sucker on your forks when you're at school.

The thinner the better for that magnet, so they'll think it's just stuck on.

FYI, I've never tried this. Just thought it up.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Find a thin refrigerator magnet slightly larger than the sticker. Stick the sticker to the magnet. Cut the excess off the magnet. Throw that sucker on your forks when you're at school.

The thinner the better for that magnet, so they'll think it's just stuck on.

FYI, I've never tried this. Just thought it up.
+1 good idea, use the magnets from football schedules or something. Just remember to remove it when you go to ride.

I used double sided tape and put it on and took it off each time I used it.

·
Do or do not...
202 Posts
Just put it on your forks. When you're done for the year, use some goo-gone and maybe a bit of acetone and it will come right off. Mine did after a year or so on there.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
get a piece of lexan plastic from a hobby shop, cut it to the desired size, put the sticker on it, and use some 3m clear double sided tape to stick it somewhere. it is "permanent enough" and the 3m clear tape doesnt leave any residue when removing.

u can stick it on the swingarm or something.

remember magnets dont stick to aluminum......

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the magnet idea actually. I might look into that.

I'm not sticking it on my damn fork. I can't stand the idea of having anything stuck onto my bike anywhere!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
**** that tell them no i'm sorry but i refuse my college and hospital both gave me stickers i put them in my backpack and went and talked to the security guards

now they know who i am and i always have an extra set of eyes on my bike

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Just put it on the back of your license plate...

Nobody would know its there, its still visible when they check it, and you could just take the plate off and get it off when you're done...

·
Registered
146 Posts
if you have a brake disc lock like i do, you can always laminate the thing and use a hole puncher to punch a hole on the top. then just put it on with your brake disc lock. you might wanna make the hole slightly bigger so that it's easier to push the latch of the lock thru the holes in your rotor

·
Registered
853 Posts
I just stuck mine on the part between the fairing and cluster, the black plastic part below the handle bars. I dunno what it's called. Another guy at my school stuck it to a piece of plastic with a hole drilled in it, and padlocks the plastic to the license plate. I'm assuming he takes it off when he leaves. I like the magnet idea.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
**** that tell them no i'm sorry but i refuse my college and hospital both gave me stickers i put them in my backpack and went and talked to the security guards

now they know who i am and i always have an extra set of eyes on my bike
+1 did the same thing at my college security was more than happy to watch all the bikes that parked in the same area

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
I like the back of the licence plate idea. No one will ever see it, includingyou, but it is at least permanently attatched to the bike

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I like the back of the licence plate idea. No one will ever see it, includingyou, but it is at least permanently attatched to the bike
Yeah, but if the ticket-writers don't see it, they will write him a ticket. At a lot of schools they can cite you for "improper display" or similar if it's not fairly easy to spot.

You may just have to suck it up and stick it on the forks. Or just don't ride to school.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went to UT at Austin, and we were forced to put our stickers on our front forks. I used clear tape and taped it on. Looked like it was stuck on and peeled off easily.

·
Registered
749 Posts
We opened a motorcycle club. Now we havemore parking, dont need the permit attached to the bike, gained awareness, and have sheds being put up for storage.

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
I've gotten a parking ticket from school before (not on the bike) and there is simply no way to fight it. Or maybe they just didn't like me. Keep that in mind, whatever you do. That being said, I wish I thought of some of these ideas when I put mine on my bike. I just sucked it up and slapped it right where they said it had to be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts