Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
love my yamaha!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a 2007 R6, and I am wanting to get a full exhaust for it, I did a cat/muffler delete t-tunner pipe and hate it ... and the stock exhaust is ruined since you have to cut the muffler off and welding it back together seems like it would be a pain in the ass with how close the two pipes are. anyways I was looking at the "Yoshimura R-55 Full Exhaust System" and the "Akrapovic Racing Full Exhaust System" any opinions? thanks

-Jared

and yes i have searched and searched thanks for any input ...

·
Texas... need I say more?
349 Posts
What did you not like about the midpipe. I was about to order one in the morning. Would you want to sell it? Where are you located maybe i can give you my old header.

Chris D.

·
love my yamaha!
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im in colorado and i dont like it, low end is dead, falls flat on its face, i have tried diff maps with the pciii, and some are better but still suck, im sure with a custom tune it might run better but i rather not waste the money for a might run better and still not at its best. i rather just drop the money on something that i know will make it run better and sound better ... the exhaust is obnoxiously loud just tired of it ...the bike runs better stock in the low end by far, yes the top end runs a little better but not enough for the loss in the low end.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
im in colorado and i dont like it, low end is dead, falls flat on its face, i have tried diff maps with the pciii, and some are better but still suck, im sure with a custom tune it might run better but i rather not waste the money for a might run better and still not at its best. i rather just drop the money on something that i know will make it run better and sound better ... the exhaust is obnoxiously loud just tired of it ...the bike runs better stock in the low end by far, yes the top end runs a little better but not enough for the loss in the low end.
What kind of midpipe u running with? I have an MJS midpipe, an LOVE it. low end and mid range kick ass ever since i installed it. I have a custom map now, but even without it... still 10x better than stock. I would never go back to stock after installing my midpipe.

If ur looking for low end, get some new sprockets an chain (-1, +2 ) ur low end will be alot better

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Akrapovic, hands down.
such a sweet exhaust system.
:werd I got mine, still on deployment so I haven't installed or heard it, but I've never heard anything but 5 star reviews about akra's products

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
What kind of midpipe u running with?
Are you serious? You selected a thread with the title of "Stupid T-tuner mid-pipe" and are unable to determine what kind of mid pipe he is running.

Ok, ok, I'll be nice... he's running a T-Tuner mid pipe.

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
I know i sound like a broken record..........but if you want more low end.......FULL EXHAUST IS NOT THE ANSWER. Look at the akra dyno vs stock, no gain until after about 8-9k..........You should get stock headers and just get a slip-on. You will be even more disappointed with FULL(more heat, no low end, sOUNDS AWESOME THOUGH). Im sure someone will disagree...... but look at the numbers, they don't lie.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Are you serious? You selected a thread with the title of "Stupid T-tuner mid-pipe" and are unable to determine what kind of mid pipe he is running.

Ok, ok, I'll be nice... he's running a T-Tuner mid pipe.
Yea my bad lol

Maybe if ya went with www.mjsperformance.com u would be a bit happier. Its not a t- tuner. And its all custom welded (no clamps like those t-tuners)

There's nothing but good feedback from him. He makes a great product. And i haven't heard a customer complain once.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
If it was me, Akra, hands down. I bought the Ti Evolution system for my Kawi after much research and boy was I happy with it. That system alone really woke my bike up, more than I expected for just a full system. The weight loss was awesome too.

I somewhat agree with rrocket, but partly not. First, numbers can lie, especially if you dont know what you are looking at. I had an 01 r6 that I had someone jet for me and dyno tune..well, it ran awesome on top, but sucked everywhere else...so I took it to Factory Pro in San Rafael and let them work with it. The peak number went down by 1 hp, but it went up everywhere else and the bike was SO SO SO much better. You really want to have a good linear powerband with an increase across the board, not just for a few rpms. Peak hp is not what you should be worried about, more like average hp gain across the range. Learn to read the dyno charts and what they mean before plunking down your $1000+ on a system, then do your research on what system is best for you, your riding style, and your personal preference. Ultimately, that is why I decided on the Akra.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
I know i sound like a broken record..........but if you want more low end.......FULL EXHAUST IS NOT THE ANSWER. Look at the akra dyno vs stock, no gain until after about 8-9k..........You should get stock headers and just get a slip-on. You will be even more disappointed with FULL(more heat, no low end, sOUNDS AWESOME THOUGH). Im sure someone will disagree...... but look at the numbers, they don't lie.
i dont totally disagree, but the trade offs are worth the low end not being quite as strong.
less weight, better mid and top end (once dyno tuned), sound, looks, etc.

just make a slight gear change, which the bike needs anyway.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
i dissagree, my full system woke my bike up throughout the powerband... I did have it tuned but between the weight loss and the proper air/fuel i feel like i picked up gains EVERYWHERE...

Like you said, numbers dont neccessarily lie but a full system is second to none.

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
i dissagree, my full system woke my bike up throughout the powerband... I did have it tuned but between the weight loss and the proper air/fuel i feel like i picked up gains EVERYWHERE...

Like you said, numbers dont neccessarily lie but a full system is second to none.
:werd Full system is the only way to go.

·
Prove it!
511 Posts
Yea my bad lol

Maybe if ya went with www.mjsperformance.com u would be a bit happier. Its not a t- tuner. And its all custom welded (no clamps like those t-tuners)

There's nothing but good feedback from him. He makes a great product. And i haven't heard a customer complain once.
I think the mjs system would be the best out of the available mid-pipes. Based on looks alone, the t-tuner mid pipe has crappy welds and is poorly designed. Looks like a kids way of making an extra few bucks without any R&D.

I do believe that the MJS fulls system would be the way to go over the simple mid pipe. My $.02

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
HB harrison had it right, you want AWESOME low end power, sprocket change is key also.
You want a new bike without purchasing one? Full exhaust, PC3 with ignition module and autoshifter, smog blockoffs, and BMC filter.

Anyone who says that a sprocket change is better than that is a squid ass fool!:fact I dare anyone to bring me their Dyno result with a sprocket change, versus a full exhaust and accessories, and then try and convince me their sprocket change increased HP. I will bet my pink slip on my bike that you are 100% wrong.

·
Redline.......White Light
751 Posts
Paytheon........Please don't be ignorant. You seem to know what you are talking about a lot of the time, but with that said you just blew that out of the water. You are right, there will be no LITERAL hp gains. BUT, hp is really only an engines ability to move under load. So if i have 105hp With a HIGH gearing to the rear wheel, it will take longer to get to a certain point(mph). With a lower gearing, not only does it take less time to get up there, IT WILL MOVE YOUR POWER BAND DOWN. So, with the orginial post being "worries about low end power" a Full exhaust setup DOES NOT OFFER THAT, but a full tune will help, air filter will help, and a gearing change will move all the power down to a "streetable" range.

Fire away, but you should know better.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts