Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the '08 subframe different than the '06/'07? (non-S model). Thanks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
i saw in the propaganda for the 08 that they claimed it to have a whole new sub-frame... but I can't see where they are diffrent from my 06...

maybe they are speaking of the gen 3 bikes in general????

not sure

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
There are a couple of threads in this forum where people have have done the swap you're referring to. You could probably find them in the appearance/mods section. The only difference I know for sure is that the 08 is made from magnesium.

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
The magnesium is NOT the only change to the subframe. And I think you should post up where anyone has swapped an 08 to an 06/07. Again, the frame is not even the same length.:fact Perhaps the threads on the swap were the R6S models.....now that is the same subframe. That's not his question.
Ya I realize that's his question now , Thanks. But I know what I saw. About a year ago The question I mistook this for came up in the apperance section, and I was ademate that they wouldn't marry, But a guy from the East coast (who's handle I wish i could remember) proved me wrong. Yes they are different, but the bolts to the main frame lined up. Of course though he had to use the 08 tail plastics. I'll keep searching.

·
Registered
687 Posts
LOL...

MAN! I asked what the diffrences were between the 06-09 bikes before I got my bike (2 weeks ago or so) and the ONLY thing I got as a diffrence was that the tach had issues in o6???

Sheesh! I would still have got my bike, BUT it sux I didn't get the correct info before.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the replies guys! I was thinking I could be sneaky and buy an '07 subframe to replace my current one since they are easier to find/cheaper.

Oh well, it was a though at least.

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
Hey man. I just got through texting my buddy who owns Kelowna Yamaha and he's at home now so he can't check, but he's pretty sure the subframe is different dimentionally at the frame mounting bolts, and even if it did fit, your 08 plastics might require lots o moding to fit. He said he'd look into it tomorrow so if it's worth tellin' I'll pm ya.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts