1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
283 Posts
I use a dri-rider Magnetic. It rocks. I regularly check the mags for bits of shit before putting it on and have never had a prob with scratching. It expands if needed and has the map and wet gear compartments. Has a quick pocket for wallet n phone. I would definately recommend it. You can even put some clear contact where the mags go if you are worried about scratching. The icon looks good too.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Cral, can you post any link? So far that sounds like a good bag. how long have you had it? and how much for this one?

I am also looking for one that let's you store away extra helmet face shields. I use two, (dark tint during the day & clear for the commute at nights). i check the icon website and they don;t mention anything like that.
I just want to avoid scratches of the shields (already has some :roll: )

·
Registered
39 Posts
just don't get one that goes on the extra seat. i was riding with a guy with a gixxer 1000, his bag slipped under, got caught in the rear wheel, and locked it up doing about 80mph. he rode it out without going down, but still toasted his new tire completely, and scared the shit out of all of us

·
Registered
272 Posts
I use a Nelson Rigg magnetic bag. Expandable and has clips to hold several pens and/or air gauge, velcro pocket for small items such as pills papers, key holder, glass pr cell phone pocket which I use for tissues, a removable map pocket, an external zipper pocket and comes with a waterproof cover! Bought it for $46 and is very nice. Doesn't interfere with riding even when hanging off a little.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I use a back pack. Cost like 15 bucks and doesn't interfere with...

ANYTHING!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think Dri Rider might be an Aussie company so u might not be able to get it. Most seem to be similar though. I suggest packing a backpack with what you'd usually lug around and go to your bike shops and test them out. This is how i picked mine. I needed one to fit my laptop. They let me fill it up & take it out to the bike to and test it. It cost me $129 aussie. So about $91 usd. A backpack is ok but if you stick anything with a bit of weight they become uncomfortable and effect your center of gravity negatively. I have both and rarely use the backpack now. The mag tank bag isn't even noticable. Just be vigilant with checking the mags every time you put it on. they can pick up all sorts of metal scratchy shit.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I can't see trusting a laptop in a bag that is magnetted on to my tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.