Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in the process of switching my stock grips for some softer aftermarket grips....removed the brake/exhaust bar end no problem.....the clutch side is a pain....the 8mm screw would not budge (lefty loosy..righty tighty right?) Used all my strength stripped it bad....will a plumbers wrench work?

·
Registered
149 Posts
if its a plastic type barend i would suggest that you cut the bar end to expose the head of the bolt. i would then proceed to turn the bolt using an adjustable wrench. i thought of cutting the plastic part off first coz my barend is like plastic or some kind of polymer and the bolt is not actually attached to the bar end, the bar end will actually turn seperate from the bolt. i hope this helps. by the way just changed my grips last weekend (driven grips free with asv levers from motomummy), what grips did you get?

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if its a plastic type barend i would suggest that you cut the bar end to expose the head of the bolt. i would then proceed to turn the bolt using an adjustable wrench. i thought of cutting the plastic part off first coz my barend is like plastic or some kind of polymer and the bolt is not actually attached to the bar end, the bar end will actually turn seperate from the bolt. i hope this helps. by the way just changed my grips last weekend (driven grips free with asv levers from motomummy), what grips did you get?
I just picked up a pair of Progrip Gel Grips at my local cycle gear. Hope they feel better than stock $9 bucks....i recently got my pazzo's from motomummy and like a douche i opted out of the free grips.....live and learn. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.