Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I fly up from Florida and go visit my buddies for a couple of weeks in Toronto sometime in June.

This year I want to do a road trip and take my bike up north, I've done the trip in a car a few times and I've done a few 500 mile day trips on my bike but never 3 consecutive 500 mile days.

If I take my bike what can I do to make it more comfortable, right now my biggest complaint is my seat, after a trip to miami my ass hurt like hell, is a corbin seat worth it? Does it make that big of a difference? Is there any possible way to raise my handlebars?

My other option is possibly buying a used fjr or v-strom and selling it when I get back. My only fear is buy a bike and then taking it up north after only really riding it for a month or so, I don't want any unexpected issues coming up with a bike that is fairly new to me.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Buy another bike.

·
Meh
9,231 Posts
I bought a V-Strom two weeks before doing a 10,000 mile circumnavigation of the country. It was fine.

It's WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better than touring on a sportbike.

And awesome to be able to jump on fire roads and take it camping and such.

If you end up going that route, and get the 1000, make sure the driveline (chain, sprockets, cush drive, clutch basket) is in good shape. They use the same stuff from the 650, and the bigger motor tends to chew it up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I rode 1000 miles in 2.5 days on my r6 and thought I was going to die. My ass didn't hurt me too bad but my shoulders were destroyed from having a bag on the whole time. I couldn't imagine another 500 miles. Rode to the Tail of the Dragon on the interstate, rode up there for a day, then rode the Blue Ridge Parkway for a whole day, then back home. Worth it, but painful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.