Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2 piece A* suit on the WERA forums. It ALMOST fits. The pants I can probably get on when I stop being lazy and get to the gym. The jacket is too small and is about 2 inches too small to close. With a good workout routine, it'll likely get easier to close. But I'll probably have to get it altered. My b/f is worried about the "structural integrity" of the jacket being compromised after alteration.

Is this a valid concern? I would think that it'll be altered by someone who puts together leather motorcycle suits, it would be fine. Thoughts?

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Picked up a 2 piece A* suit on the WERA forums. It ALMOST fits. The pants I can probably get on when I stop being lazy and get to the gym. The jacket is too small and is about 2 inches too small to close. With a good workout routine, it'll likely get easier to close. But I'll probably have to get it altered. My b/f is worried about the "structural integrity" of the jacket being compromised after alteration.

Is this a valid concern? I would think that it'll be altered by someone who puts together leather motorcycle suits, it would be fine. Thoughts?
Why did you get a suit that is so small?
Yeah, HOW the hell did you get a suit too small?! You're too tiny! :laugh

Yes you can get the suit altered and it'd be ok, but make one bigger would be a problem. Not enough material to play with, y'know? Makin' one smaller wouldn't be a problem at all...

You could check out Barnacle Bill's or there's another one out there that I just read a good review on in one of my magazines, but I'd have to go home to check on their name first...I forgot.

But no, if it's a reputable shop (like Barnacle Bill's) then they use the heavy gauge nylon twill thread (which is supposed to be stronger than kevlar) and all that jazz....so safety shouldn't really be a concern. But really, I suggest just trying to get a suit that fits properly from the get-go. ;)

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why did you get a suit that is so small?
I thought it would fit! The sizing chart and everything is great! Silly A* lied! :hammer

Yeah, HOW the hell did you get a suit too small?! You're too tiny! :laugh

Yes you can get the suit altered and it'd be ok, but make one bigger would be a problem. Not enough material to play with, y'know? Makin' one smaller wouldn't be a problem at all...

You could check out Barnacle Bill's or there's another one out there that I just read a good review on in one of my magazines, but I'd have to go home to check on their name first...I forgot.

But no, if it's a reputable shop (like Barnacle Bill's) then they use the heavy gauge nylon twill thread (which is supposed to be stronger than kevlar) and all that jazz....so safety shouldn't really be a concern. But really, I suggest just trying to get a suit that fits properly from the get-go. ;)
I was hooked up with Nelson from fixmyleathers.com. He did really good work on making a pair of pants I have larger. He just put in a bit of leather and stitched it back up. The guy fixes motorcycle leathers and even puts em together, so I think it's legit. The b/f is concerned.

See above about the sizing. I bought it and was pretty sure it would fit since the sizing chart says I'm good. The pants will fit fine once I get crackin' on the treadmill or something. The jacket is just SO close!

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
I thought it would fit! The sizing chart and everything is great! Silly A* lied! :hammer

I was hooked up with Nelson from fixmyleathers.com. He did really good work on making a pair of pants I have larger. He just put in a bit of leather and stitched it back up. The guy fixes motorcycle leathers and even puts em together, so I think it's legit. The b/f is concerned.

See above about the sizing. I bought it and was pretty sure it would fit since the sizing chart says I'm good. The pants will fit fine once I get crackin' on the treadmill or something. The jacket is just SO close!
Oh yeah, btw...A* ALWAYS fits tighter. Those skinny italians and their euro fashion... :hehe

Tell him to not be concerned. :fact

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah, btw...A* ALWAYS fits tighter. Those skinny italians and their euro fashion... :hehe

Tell him to not be concerned. :fact
It's all the smoking they do. I think Europeans can somehow take in sustinance from cigarettes so they never eat. :nono

I have until March of next year to lose about 7 lbs (tops). Think I can do it?! :lmao

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Uh...I could lose 7 pounds before LUNCH! :flex: LOL
Ew?

Remember! Tiny people have less weight and an extra pound on you looks different than on me. :fact

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Ew?

Remember! Tiny people have less weight and an extra pound on you looks different than on me. :fact
LOL I didn't meant that, silly! I just meant I could go run a few miles, maybe sit in a sauna...y'know...LOSE WEIGHT! Pfftsh...dirty minds... :nono

But yeah, you're right. A pound for you is worth a lot more than a pound for me, although I'm not even remotely close to being considered anything other than slim/athletic/medium build.

:flex:

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Dear God... too small? Do they MAKE tracksuits in toddler sizes?

:D

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL I didn't meant that, silly! I just meant I could go run a few miles, maybe sit in a sauna...y'know...LOSE WEIGHT! Pfftsh...dirty minds... :nono

But yeah, you're right. A pound for you is worth a lot more than a pound for me, although I'm not even remotely close to being considered anything other than slim/athletic/medium build.

:flex:
:yes I'm not even close to being considered fat. I'm just not as athletic or toned as I used to be. :thumbdown I got lazy. :nono

Dear God... too small? Do they MAKE tracksuits in toddler sizes?

:D
:lmao :lmao

Apparently they do!

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
:yes I'm not even close to being considered fat. I'm just not as athletic or toned as I used to be. :thumbdown I got lazy. :nono

:lmao :lmao

Apparently they do!
Maybe I'll buy it after this season for my daughter... she's 7. :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts