Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok need help real quick. I know there are a lot of people out there with one piece so you guys need to help me.

I'm 5'2-3ish, I weigh like 110.

I'm planning to get this suit right here.
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=2745&sfs=7fbb15a

Planning on getting size 46 euro
You guys think it would fit me?

Size chart is here, but it confuses me
http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/ALPINESTARS_SIZE_CHART.html

If you guys have any other links to small affordable one pieces, feel free to post it also.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Do not get a 46. That is for somebody close to 6'0" and 180lbs. You are way lower than that. You are close to a 40 if anything. I suggest going to a dealership and trying a suit on before purchasing one.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish, the local dealership doesn't even have racing suits.
This is confusing me, they have US size, then the Euro size. The lowest I've seen was like size 36 us I think, but those were expensive.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Most of the manufacture sites have suit size charts. Go to A*star or Komodo and check out their charts. Or go to the manufacture site of the suit type you want. Call www.tobefast.com if you need someone to help you.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
k01010011, we have about the same body size. i'll be in the market for a suit in a month or two. i haven't tried on any yet, but i'm sure i'll be looking for 46 euro, or 36 in US size. let me know how your sizing goes.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k01010011, we have about the same body size. i'll be in the market for a suit in a month or two. i haven't tried on any yet, but i'm sure i'll be looking for 46 euro, or 36 in US size. let me know how your sizing goes.
Sure thing, I'm going to order my suit in like a day or two from now. I'll tell your how it goes if I find the size that fits.

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I guarantee you a 46 Euro is way to big. 40 to 42 is closer. Trust me on this.

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
A US size 36 (Italy size 46) is for someone who is 5'9" and a 29" waist.
A US size 40 (Italy size 50) is for someone who is 5'11" and a 33" waist.

Courtesy of A*'s.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok found out, 46 euro is the same as 36 us. I was about to try it out at cycle gear here in Sac. I still need to have it talor a little to fit. Now the question is, should I buy a suit with back hump or not? Will it be worth it?

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Yeah man...at your height, get the smallest damn size you can find. I'm 5'10" / 160lbs and I wear a size 40US Joe Rocket one piece. So...if you're 7 inches shorter...definitely get a 38US or smaller if you can find it. Even then so...you might want to think about some customization after that.

:)

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ok found out, 46 euro is the same as 36 us. I was about to try it out at cycle gear here in Sac. I still need to have it talor a little to fit. Now the question is, should I buy a suit with back hump or not? Will it be worth it?
def. get a speed hump. let me know what else you had them do to the suit to make it fit perfectly.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Definitely get a speed hump it makes a noticeable difference at track speeds. It helps stabilize the air flow over your helmet which cuts down on buffeting of the wind on your helmet so your helmet does not get jerked around by the wind as much and it cuts down on rider fatigue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts