Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for suit and trying to decide which way I want to go. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot of people saying go for the 1 piece but the thought of being able to take off the jacket as opposed to letting it hang sounds really appealing. Im mostly in the canyons but wan to start hitting the track more. Thoughts?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
I went with a 1pc just bc its a lot more comfy. Either way a suit is great to have. Just look around on riders discount and ask them about any you have your eye set on.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
1 PC for sure if it was track only. 2 piece may be your best option since you are canyon carving and occasional track days.

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
When we had our suits made we gave the guy our back protectors to sew in...makes a world of difference when you want to just wear the bottom half.

Here is my husband in his suit. The back protector keeps the top half stiff so it does not flop around.

Not sure if people ever have that done with off the rack suits but I would recommend looking into it. It makes wearing a one piece on the streets not that bad.

OR you can go the alternative route and get suspenders to hold the top half up when you only want to take the top half down. :bowroll There is a guy I track with that does that. :bowroll

·
Suk it, Lee
19,071 Posts
1 piece.

I see a lot of people using bungee cords or what have you, to keep the think from sagging everywhere when it's off. I personally just leave it on all day. Doesn't bother me much, I run on a different temp. :laugh I wear hoodies on hot days. :confused:

·
Registered
507 Posts
1 piece.... I found a used Spid T1 Wind Pro and got it for 1/2 of what it's worth (only tried on in the dressing room).

I've crashed in it 5-6 times (lol... can't be sure) and I've only had to reinforce some stitching on the sleeve once. Never ripped or tore.

·
iRun
33,319 Posts
Get a one-piece and use a bungee cord as a belt to keep it from flopping around. Win.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
I'd recommend Teknic! Love mine! Fits really well, and at the price it's unbeatable. I went with the new 2012 Chicane suit! Ton of upgrades and a higher end, budget minded suit for sure! Check them out! I'll attach a few pics of it! It has a ton of perf, and breathes really well! That's my recommendation for someone looking for a suit... A lot more affordable then a lot of suits out there...

It showed up about 45 mins before I left for the track... So I had to try it on there, and their sizing recommendation fit perfectly with my Dianese back protector...

A little video of me "breaking it in" at the track... Had to get the crash demons off... :laugh

CLICK ME^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck OP!

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
:lmao :mrgreen:

That's hilarious!
Brand new suit brutha... Can't head straight out on the track with a fresh suit, AND fresh paint... :laugh

Mario scratched the paint with a rock for me too, so I was good to head out on the track...

:cheers

·
USMC-Semper Fi!
582 Posts
Hey man, you're bike is hot, looks really good. Good color combination. Great job with it.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Hey man, you're bike is hot, looks really good. Good color combination. Great job with it.
'Preciate it... Plenty of pics up in my build thread if you care to check them out... Hoping to get some good pics of it out on the track in Sept!

·
Speedy Claxton
1,768 Posts
Definitely try and find a one piece. I picked mine up from a member on here for a STEAL. Its the most comfortable thing i wear while riding, breaths insanely well, and is just fine for walking around in (walked through the mall once and was fine, got some weird looks but fcuk em).

Also, do as others have said and check out some of the site vendors. Can usually find some real good prices if you do a little shopping around.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
It's not really convenient to take the jacket off of a 2-piece (at least the one I had). I upgraded to a 1-piece and I like it much better. Just zip it up half way and it keeps the upper half from flopping around too bad when you want to cool off.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Brand new suit brutha... Can't head straight out on the track with a fresh suit, AND fresh paint... :laugh

Mario scratched the paint with a rock for me too, so I was good to head out on the track...

:cheers
cant say id be too happy if someone scratched my fresh paint, then again i did lay my bike across the black top so who knows :bowroll

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
You've never done it? Gotta de-magnetize new suits!
^THIS. :fact

cant say id be too happy if someone scratched my fresh paint, then again i did lay my bike across the black top so who knows :bowroll
Ultimately, it's a track bike brutha... One little scratch isn't bad, and when I do lay it down, it'll just add character... No big deal really... You should have had someone scratch it... You wouldn't have had that wreck... :sing

Yeah I put a lot of work into it... Which is why someone else did it for me... :laugh

I couldn't bring myself to scratch that sexy ass paint job...

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
^THIS. :fact

Ultimately, it's a track bike brutha... One little scratch isn't bad, and when I do lay it down, it'll just add character... No big deal really... You should have had someone scratch it... You wouldn't have had that wreck... :sing

Yeah I put a lot of work into it... Which is why someone else did it for me... :laugh

I couldn't bring myself to scratch that sexy ass paint job...
i just re painted my whole bike, i couldnt take it for any longer. im a snob i know :lmao

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
i just re painted my whole bike, i couldnt take it for any longer. im a snob i know :lmao
:laugh

Just to lay it down again? Why not get some track time under your belt and THEN paint again? Least that's what I plan to do if I lay it down... I'll repaint it at some point, but after I get better on the track, and I think it's necessary... As long as the bodywork is still hung properly, I could really care less how "fresh" the paint is. One less thing to worry about when I'm on the track...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts