Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a new summer jacket that's flashy, not too hot in the heat and protective.. textile or leather. throw out some products please!

i don't care for replicas. thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the joe rocket Phoenix 4.0 Jacket in red. It is perfect for summer ridding! and it comes with a 100% water prof zip out liner that is nice to have when its rainy out side. I got caught in a heavy heavy down poor one day and i did not have a spec of water on my shirt under my jacket.

·
Faster than you!
782 Posts
I like the shift Avenger....pretty sweet. I have a Alpinestars leather and this one. The SHIFT is very nice for the summer.

Attachments

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
+1 on the Joe Rocket Phoenix, newenough.com has some pretty good deals on them sometimes too. I picked up a closeout Phoenix for my wife real cheap from them last year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies; i went with the joe rocket phoenix 5.0.. this years model.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Just got this on ebay.Icon Pursuit full leather jacket 1.1mm,perforated front,back & sleeves, which zip off just below the black band(for hotter days).Full water proof liner,full armor padding.Its a discontinued item was orginally around $379-400.Got this for $130 new!

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
^^^ good deal... i was going to order online but I was pretty unsure about the sizing... so i just went ahead and bought my first jacket at the store...

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
what do u guys think about A* NYC Leather Jacket?...
some stores list it as cruiser style jacket which means it might not be 100% comfy for sportbike riding (when u lay down behind the windscreen etc.)

so i was wondering if anyone had a chance to try it on or perhaps owns one and what's your verdict

i like it is all perforated and yet leather and i like it's all black....

thnx

·
Registered
20 Posts
I LOVE my Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 jacket. I live in San Diego and this jacket is awesome. Comes with a great liner that works very well and zips in/out of the jacket with ease. I paid $102 bucks for mine shipping included. Here is a pic of my jacket. Hope this helps. Either way, if you go with Joe Rocket, you should be good2go. My girlfriend has a JR jacket too and we both love the fit. Good luck bro.
-maulrat

Oh yeah. Here is the link to the site where I bought my jacket. Good price I think. They also come in different colors.

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/m...le_jacket.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you want cheap I just ordered this: https://www.leatherup.com/site/product?pid=54048

For 89 bucks I said why not give it a try...

It is on its way, its a substitute for my other expensive jacket since I don't want to wear the expensive one out I plan on wearing this when I commute to work and stuff or just whenever I feel like it...

I'll post an update on the quality when it comes in, the armor is all foam but I would probably wear external armor underneath if I was commuting to work in any case since people are freaking idiots during rush hour!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts