Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo,

:roll: This is my first year riding, so I have not ridden in hot weather 90-100 degrees. Now my question is how is it like wearing a perf leather bike jacket in this weather (plus helmet). Do you sweat like a monkey or is it not that bad. To be honest, I sweat real easily regardless but should I invest in another leather or should I get a really good textile cooler jacket. I currently have a Yamaha replica racing leather that is considerabley light (Kinda like the Vanson style) but there is another Yamaha jacket that I see which looks AWSOME and would match my bike perfect...should I consider getting another leather or will I not use it in the summer. Please honest and expierence answers please....thanks dudes !!

:moon

:?:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, many people here will probably tell you that, Textile sucks. I guess it doesn't hold up as well as leather if you wreck. I have a leather/textile jacket from joe rocket, but I am looking for leather. I live in the desert, it gets damn hot here. Once your moving, the heat is not really much of an issue, you feel it more at stops, but thein it feels great cause you start to work up a sweat at a stop, when you take off the air feels great.

Im gonna look for a leather jacket with small holes on the chest to help get air in.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Go leather ... textile sucks...

You'll only be hot when you stop to stand around and most jackets now can be removed when you aren't riding.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
or look for a leather one that has a removable liner. I have one in mine and it certainly makes a difference. Much cooler without it in.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the aplinestars Dyno leather... it is a great jacket!! It has a removable liner, along with 4 inch zippers on the front and backs of the arms for ventelation.... I would suggest not getting a textile... I have worn my leather dyno in 70 degree temp and its not to bad while going... sitting still I wasnt very hot either... Good jacket, I give it an A+

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an alpine star leather jacket with a removable insert and it doesnt really bother me. You do feel the heat while in traffic, but hey you could always ride through the traffic like i do.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
This coming summer I will be riding with a full suit, A-Stars TZ-1.
Has very good ventilation (perforated holes) and are placed
at the spots you will actually need it to cool off.
And I don't mind the heat and sweat, just have compensate for it
once you start moving and just ride a little faster or avoid too many
stop lights.

Last year I only had a leather jacket, starting out fresh from the 2-wheeled scence and had a rude awakening with the summer heat.
So now I am more prepared this time around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all your feedback. See, I already have a Yamaha replica race jacket that feels real comfortable. There is another Yamaha leather that Ive been wanting to get but I was just like maybe I should get a textile. Well, the general consensus all agree on leather's only so thats what I will be doing. I love the feedback this board provides ! Thanks a bunch guys....leather it is !! Open your eyes and ride safely !!!!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
318 Posts
good choice buddy!! keep it safe this summer!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts