Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i go to bestbuy today to look for a radio for my truck and my f-ing new leather teknic jacket gets stolen!!!! i didnt feel like lugging the jacket and helmet around the store so i parked my bike on the sidewalk right in front of the store and hung my jacket from the handle bar. come back out 20 min later and it's GONE. i can't get over somone would have the nerve to just walk up and take someones shit in broad daylight. of coures my wife blames me for not taking it with me. i see her point but what the ****, i can't even go shop for 20 min without having to worry about some punk ass piece of shit stealing my jacket.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Yeah I never would have just left my jacket unattended like that. I have a hard time leaving my bike unattended. All a lock does is keep an honest man honest. Sorry about your luck though. Best Buy sucks I used to work there.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That's a bummer! You could possibly check with the store and see if they have survelance cameras, you never know, the thief might be on camera!!!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
RedlineR6 said:
That's a bummer! You could possibly check with the store and see if they have survelance cameras, you never know, the thief might be on camera!!!
for sure.....most stores have parking lot camera's....specially if it's a big one.....i know our BestBuy has camera's in the parking lot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good idea on the camera thing. i'm going to go back and check.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah, hopefully it will work out for you. I'd bet they also have a camera and since you were close to the doors, alot of places will have cameras pointed at the doors to catch theives leaving..

Good luck with that and let us know what ya find!

·
Registered
279 Posts
that just suckd dude....

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
it sucks, I know that I would flip my shit, but when I am the only one that could have prevented it it's hard to get angry at anyone other then myself.

Hope that the store can help you, hope you get your jacket back.

·
Registered
786 Posts
For a sec I thought you were gonna say "they took my 6 !!!" fack... a jacket sucks, but at least those facks didn't van your bike off to god knows where and done god knows what sorta horrible things to it (Zed a la Pulp Fiction)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry...

Yeah you should be able to leave something for a few mins outside a store and not have to worry about it! whats the world coming too??. Hope you find this thief and beat his punk ass to the ground!

Joelhope

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Damn that sucks about your jacket... but atleast the 6 wasn't touched. Did anything turn up on the camera? Whenever I go somewhere, I usually just keep my jacket on rather than leaving it on my bike. Thats still some fuct up shit tho. The bastard probably doesn't even ride! :cuss

·
Banned
786 Posts
That is fucked up, but I see people leaving their jackets and helmets loose on their bikes all the time and wonder if they really just like spending money on gear. Cause it's gonna get lifted.....My motto is if ya can't lock it down you better take it with ya.......Unless you just don't care if it gets stolen... :cuss

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
Yeah, I part time at BB and there is definately a camera out front for store pick-ups. When we take tv's out to peoples trucks or what not we get filmed so they make sure we aren't giving them all sorts of shite. I park my bike there on the sidewalk - probably where you parked yours - for work and the security guards do a good job of keeping that camera minimized on their screen so they can see the bikes and the store. I don't know if they would help you or not, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was at a BestBuy a while back and had my bike parked next to the front doors. Some little fat kid was messin with my bike and knocked my helmet off. Since then, if I cant secure it to the bike, it comes with me. Now I have a long cable lock that I can run through my helmet and jacket if I want to leave them on the bike.
I think next I will get an alarm that talks if you get to close:
"Step away from the motorcycle, you disrespectful little turd!"

Anyway, sux about your jacket. Good luck in getting it back!

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I first got my bike I bought a Shoei Helmet, made the mistake and left it on the bike while I ran into school to pick some papers up and with in 10 mins $500 when just like that, now I take my lid and my jacket with me every where I go. Don't care how much of an incovnice it is better safe than sorry....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Damn man....that sux. I would have never left my jacket there. It's just toooo easy for someone with no conscience to pick it up and keep walking....and not even think twice about it.

Good luck w/ the cameras though....any luck yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts