Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:naughty Finally was able to take my R6 on the twisties this weekend.
After I got off work on Sunday (yup you heard it!). I called up a friend and convinced him to ride since the weather was very nice! In the mid-50's most of the day and fairly warm! So we decided to take a ride through the hills locally (Hayward/Castro Valley) for those who know the Alameda area in California. The 6 felt so comfortable on the turns and at the same time, made me confident! I also keept in mind my skill level & my capabilities! So I was cautious and just trying to get the feel of the turns. My friend on his 750 felt a little cautious and somewhat sketchy (well that's what he told me and he had his bike for 14 months compared to mine for 9 months). He took the lead the whole time since he lives locally and more familiar with the area. Everytime we hit the turns, I end up braking since he was taking them slowly while I was cruising through out the turn.
I took pics of us and the bikes while we chilled in a rest area!! YEA! Yeah no action shots :roll: I will this coming spring when we hit the bigger hills!

Front shot of my 03 R6 & my friend's 03 GSXR-750,




Side shots




Here's a shot of me




And here is a shot of my friend (rides the Suzuki)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Cool PICS

NIce PICS!! That's a nice ride. Ever ride out by Martinez hills--somewhere near the railroad tracks. My buddy took me there. Maybe we can tear it up there sometime!
 

·
heebiedabajeebies!
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Took them this Sunday afternoon!

:boob Nope, I haven't. Definitely! Very soon! :boob

How long have you had your 6?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
R6 ownership period

I've had my R6 for about 7 months, 2nd hand with only 500 miles. It was a steal.

Maybe we can hook up a ryd w/others in the next month or so. I know some buddies who ryd, it'll be cool.
 

·
heebiedabajeebies!
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: R6 ownership period

Blueboy said:
I've had my R6 for about 7 months, 2nd hand with only 500 miles. It was a steal.

Maybe we can hook up a ryd w/others in the next month or so. I know some buddies who ryd, it'll be cool.
Right on! :boob

Yeah we should definitely arrange a group ride! I also know a couple of guys who ride 6's in Fremont whom some I met, oddly enough through Ebay.

Me and my friends were also planning on taking a ride up in San Mateo, over on highway 35, skyline blvd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Coool.

Keep me updated, I could get some buddies as well. Hey I gotta go, but I'll get back on-line tomorrow--I think my supervisor just walked in to work. LATER BUD!!
 

·
heebiedabajeebies!
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blueboy said:
Coool.

Keep me updated, I could get some buddies as well. Hey I gotta go, but I'll get back on-line tomorrow--I think my supervisor just walked in to work. LATER BUD!!
Payce! :cheers

Yup just PM or post a thread regarding Group rides locally

And by the way, Welcome to the Forum!
And please try to keep your job and not get in trouble browsing the web :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Glad you all had the chance ride......... I know it's pretty depressing during the winter months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
penfold said:
RedlineR6 said:
:asshole 's
Agreed dude........Agreed...........

I'm hoping that spring will arrive sometime around june/july here at the rate things are going.........
To all of you who live where it is NOT 5 degrees and snowing...

:moon :cuss :321
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
jasamb said:
penfold said:
RedlineR6 said:
:asshole 's
Agreed dude........Agreed...........

I'm hoping that spring will arrive sometime around june/july here at the rate things are going.........
To all of you who live where it is NOT 5 degrees and snowing...

:moon :cuss :321
you guys gotta get a fiddy. I rode all weekend in the freezing. Bruised the shit out of my hand bailing on a wheelie gone bad too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,620 Posts
JL said:
jasamb said:
penfold said:
RedlineR6 said:
:asshole 's
Agreed dude........Agreed...........

I'm hoping that spring will arrive sometime around june/july here at the rate things are going.........
To all of you who live where it is NOT 5 degrees and snowing...

:moon :cuss :321
you guys gotta get a fiddy. I rode all weekend in the freezing. Bruised the shit out of my hand bailing on a wheelie gone bad too.
Dude, when you gonna snow-bog that bitch up to Schaumburg?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
504 Posts
Still trying to figure that out. I only have a 2 door grand prix so it makes transport a bitch. Is there anywhere you can ride these little bastards up there. Good clean ice free parking lot or truck unloading area is best if you wanna stunt it. Preferably with a good popo escape route. :twisted:
 

·
heebiedabajeebies!
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Don't be MAD be GLAD" :werd

It has been raining and wet here! So took advantage of whatever we can all get during the winter months! Heck i would ride in the cold as long as it is not raining! I thin the coldest was 20
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
RYD 4 LYF

I second that NOTION,

The Monsoons are out in the YAY AREA, but we do get to slip in a little RYD sometime!

I feel for you SNOWMEN! It must be tough, I know--SPOKane WASHINGTON FOR A YEAR. Nice longs roads, but not good for the CORN NUTS!!!!

Wishin' U all were here!!

:poke :poke
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top