1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
you don't want the arai nakano.......cause i already have it. just in case you want to sell it in the future.
get the soumy helmet

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
I'm gonna say neither. They look like modern art masterpieces.

Completely off topic, but I would go with the new Scorpion EXO1000. It has built-in sun shades, and inflatable cheek cushions. Fraction of the cost and does the same thing.

·
Will work for tires.
169 Posts
I'm gonna say neither. They look like modern art masterpieces.

Completely off topic, but I would go with the new Scorpion EXO1000. It has built-in sun shades, and inflatable cheek cushions. Fraction of the cost and does the same thing.
Negative brother the 1000 has one BIG drawback, WIEGHT! Suomy for sure it is the lightest of the helmets your looking at and has the best aerodynamics. The more weight you have on your head in a crash, the more weight your neck has to stabilize and this increases the chances of a neck injury.

·
RU R6
1,207 Posts
True. I never held either side by side to compare, and their sites don't give the specs. I would imagine the EXO1000 would weigh more.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone have or seen the Suomy Cathedral in Real Life. If so how does it look? I think i'm goin to go with Suomy, But its now a toss up for the many awesome graphics.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
I've never had a Suomy, though I'm looking at one. I have had Arai helmets for years, and have absolutely no complaints! Sure people bitch about the visor locks, but I'm use to them. They are so damn comfortable, light, and great air flow to cool your head.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Does anyone have or seen the Suomy Cathedral in Real Life. If so how does it look? I think i'm goin to go with Suomy, But its now a toss up for the many awesome graphics.
Yeah I seen it at my Ducati dealer. It is a work of art. It has alot of metal flake in the paint! It does sparkle like crazy!

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
Im actually getting the Cathedral in the next week or two. Just gotta go try some on for sizes first

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I'm pickin up a suomy in the next week or so!!!

I've got it picked out so pics will come soon! cant wait

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have the cathedral and the nakano.. the gambler was goin to be my next helmet. im a helmet whore haha..but both helmets are nice.. suomy has a tighter fit. so you should try them out. as far as comfort goes. the lining in the suomy is softer but the arai is more plush .. plush feels better. but the suomy feels more secure. i actually get more compliments on my suomy. the nakano that i have is the one in my avatar. its my favorite helmet. but i do like the cathedral. too many people have the gambler. weight wise they're comparable, almost no noticeable difference

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just ordered the Cathedral in L, hopefully it fits. I wear a M in Icon and HJC, and they said they run a small. I tried on the Suomy Vandal in L, and it fit pretty good. It wasn't as tight as my Icon, so hopefully i can change out the pads if necessary, or maybe the Cathedral has a different fit then the vandal. Either way, i can't wait for it to get here, thanks for the help everyone:nocontrol

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I would take the Nakano.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts