Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I miss Cali rides :/
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got moved and settled in va. im out in the greenbriar area if anyone wants to ride. tell you though, sucks out here compared to socal. sniff sniff, missing ya palomar mountain! sob!

hit me up soon, will be out to sea alot here soon as i am going to be stationed on the Ike.
later

·
Registered
124 Posts
im in yorktown? how far is that from you?

·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a good ways, hour, hour an half maybe...you got any good areas up that way?

·
Registered
124 Posts
route 5, normally start in williamsberg, goes through surry, take the ferry back to williamsberg, problem is i think the police have caught onto it, cuz i have seen a lot of cops out there lately.

·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh, well if you wanna ride sometime, holler man. i saw a few guys in emporia in full leathers when i was just getting into va. maybe some decent roads out that way.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ahh, well if you wanna ride sometime, holler man. i saw a few guys in emporia in full leathers when i was just getting into va. maybe some decent roads out that way.
if you go to vadriven.com they have events and stuff like that there. there is a nice sized group ride going on sunday the 24. all the details are in the cycle forum under group ride.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
finally got moved and settled in va. im out in the greenbriar area if anyone wants to ride. tell you though, sucks out here compared to socal. sniff sniff, missing ya palomar mountain! sob!

hit me up soon, will be out to sea alot here soon as i am going to be stationed on the Ike.
later
I'm currently on IA to afghanistan but am returning as we speak. I'll be in Norfolk here in a few weeks, I'm on the forrest sherman. I'll have to meet up w/ you man, it'll be nice to see another r6 around there rather than all them damn gixxers and ninja POS's I see everywhere. DUDE did you hear about the new courses we gotta take in order to get a sportbike onto the base now? ONLY SPORTBIKES!!! NOT CRUISERS!!! IT'S TOTAL BS!!

·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^yep, but wut can you do right, cept not ride. sux. hell yeh, hit me up when you get back. i ride w/ just about anyone as long as they are not asshats. i would like to hit vir sometime as well but have to find out what my deployment and work up schedule is going to look like. i think they should send ppl w/ sporbikes to a track for training. that way you have to have proper gear, and you will KNOW what your bike can do. the paying attention on the street part of it, well only the rider and other people on the road can fix that.

if you go to vadriven.com they have events and stuff like that there. there is a nice sized group ride going on sunday the 24. all the details are in the cycle forum under group ride.
ill be sure to check that out. thnx.

·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DUDE did you hear about the new courses we gotta take in order to get a sportbike onto the base now?
i wonder if they will issue a different card and will the older riders(ones with base stickers alreay) be grandfathered in. we gotta do the training every three years anyway. ill be due next year. might be fun, who knows. i guess you can look at it this way, 8 hours away from work and paid for. i paid 250 for my msf course cause the base i was at did not have a program.

·
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i had a decent ride today out in pungo. met up with some guys on busas and a ninja and a 600r.

i know it isnt cali, but was expecting more out of back roads out here. either way i had fun and surprised those guys with my 6. were squids anyway, but was fun makin em work their bikes. lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts