Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of attending superbike school this year. Does anyone here have experience with them? if so, which ones should i go to?

I have family in las vegas, so i won't have to pay for lodging at freddie spencers, but i heard keith code's is good too...

i'm in philadelphia BTW, i don't know of any on the east coast.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
963 Posts
I went to Keith Code's California Superbike school. Both Level I and Level II, and I plan on heading out to Level III this year. It's a good school. They helped out my riding a lot. It's more about how to take corners rather than racing. They have a race school if that's what you really want to learn.

Some other good schools that I'd go to if I had the money would be Kevin Schwantz's school down in South and Freddie Spencer (but you already knew that one).

Code comes out to the East Coast, so if you check their website, you can get all the details.

www.cornering.com

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used to work right next to freddy spencers in VEgas making go-carts. His he still teaching on the f4i?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have heard A LOT of good things about Freddie Spencer's school. Of course it is $$$. A lot more expensive than any of the other schools.

You should check out Jason Pridmore's school. He does a lot of them at different tracks around the country, and I have heard a lot of positive feedback about it.

I have heard people who love Keith Code's school... and a lot more people who thought it was the biggest waste of money, and that Keith was a major prick. I have heard that he really pushes alot of that scientology mentality in the classroom, and I could see how that could put some people off.

Since you are on the east coast, you should check out Penguin roadracing school. I have heard some good things about that one too.

Of if you want to go cheap. Take the new riders' school at whatever club racing organization is in your area. We have tons of guys and gals who have no intention of ever racing show up at our new riders' schools. Of course, some of them get so hooked they end up racing. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Nah, Spencer is using CBR RR's now.

I wouldn't say I loved the Code School, but it was definitely beneficial. Yeah, Code is an odd motherfucker, but he didn't push any of that scientology stuff on us. One of his instructors contacted me 2 weeks after I took the school to clarify some questions/comments I had made on the end of the school evaluation form (I never thought people took those things seriously).

If I ever have enough money to splurge on a school, I'd like try Spencer's school or Pridmore's school or Schwantz's school. But they cost a lot of cash...

By the way, I heard Jason Pridmore is riding for Team Jordan this year in the AMA on a Suzuki GSXR-1000. Does that mean he won't be teaching?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts