Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boom
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I might have a noob question just forewarning you

When I'm going maybe 10 mph and I hit the rear brake pretty hard the bike makes a pretty noticeable (and quick) double knock noise, I can also feel it. It sounds and feels really similar to holding the clutch in and shifting into 1st gear.

The sound is definitely not coming front the transmission its somewhere in the suspension, but since I can only do it when I am moving I can't figure out where.

Im afraid something could be loose in my suspension but I have looked it over and cant find anything. I thought maybe it was mazing out the suspension when braking, but that't not it either. Maybe this is common? help!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can you tell if it's coming from the front or the rear? My first assumption would be check the rear if it only happens when you hit the rear brake. Check your rear shock links and maybe take them apart, clean and lube them up; you'd be surprised how corroded the sleeves can get.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Check everything on the rear suspension, along with your rear wheel/axle.

I'd also check the steering head bearings. Those usually make noise when using the front brake though.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Steering head bearing, or maybe you have your caliper bracket installed incorrectly on the rear?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts