Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll confess: I am a little hard headed and most times dismiss some good advice for no reason. For once, after hearing it time and time and time again primarily from track junkies and some pretty darn good racers, I decided to shell out the $40 at the last track meet to get my suspension setup for my weight.

Whoa!

The R6 is new to me and I have less than about 200 miles on it and i honestly hated it. It was not comfortable at all, threw me about and was quite stiff....till I got the suspension work done. My level of confidence went way up the roof once that was done and unfortunately that track day was cancelled right before I could get back on the track cause of the rain. I was able to take it out on the streets the following weekend and wow..it now fits like a glove.

I can't wait for my first official track day with this thing now that i have tires and the suspension done. Doesn't hurt that I have a good suit and boots too.

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
It's night and day, isn't it? The right spring and settings will make it a totally different animal.

·
Just lean harder...
875 Posts
I wish I could find someone within 150 miles that could actually help me setup my suspension. I would pay 3 times that.

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts
I wish I could find someone within 150 miles that could actually help me setup my suspension. I would pay 3 times that.
Which part of VA are you in? I have Thermosman do all my suspension set up. Just mail it out to him and I get it back and it's set up. If I have any questions about set up for a specific track, I shoot him an email. He's probably forgotten more about suspension than most of us combined on this forum will ever know...I trust his knowledge and ability to set up suspension.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good! now stop being hard-headed and listen next time!
I am completely humbled and put in my place. I heard the same thing about tracking a bike.....and it is so friggin true. I'm all ears now trust!

It's night and day, isn't it? The right spring and settings will make it a totally different animal.
Night and Day! Best analogy to fit how much better it feels. So after all my reading I'm saving up for an ECU flash. I'm in no rush...want to get a few track days under my belt first to get used to the way it handles as the more experienced riders have suggested.

Now why is the 30th so far away??????

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
Which part of VA are you in? I have Thermosman do all my suspension set up. Just mail it out to him and I get it back and it's set up. If I have any questions about set up for a specific track, I shoot him an email. He's probably forgotten more about suspension than most of us combined on this forum will ever know...I trust his knowledge and ability to set up suspension.
Yep. T Man is da man! He has done my junk for years. Won a regional with what he sent me and I just bolted it on. Minimal fiddling for different tracks of course.
If you are looking to better your street suspension he will do that too. If you just need basic settings for what you have Sport Rider Magazine will come really close.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yep. T Man is da man! He has done my junk for years. Won a regional with what he sent me and I just bolted it on. Minimal fiddling for different tracks of course.
If you are looking to better your street suspension he will do that too. If you just need basic settings for what you have Sport Rider Magazine will come really close.
Where is he exactly? This has been on my to-do list forever.....

·
Motosylum Racing #132
910 Posts
Georgia or Miami depending on the time of year. Mike is a good dude. Really good. Friendly and doesn't mind when you ask questions because you don't understand something. He asks all the right questions to get you set up. I think it's about $45 to ship your stuff down depending on where you are.
When he called me about my goods, we spent over an hour BSing about everything from MotoAmerica to where we wanted to retire. Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts