Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
:toocool
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best $50 I ever spent!! I left the parking lot dragging a knee!! na j/k but seriously its like a whole new bike, low and high speed. The guy said my suspention was all out of wack.

Not to mention some of the bikes he had there :eek5

My cell phone does these bikes NO justice.

This bike is full CF

and

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
$50?! dayum! our top shop around here does em for $25. and nobody's better than him. :fact (at least in the houston area)

·
Track Day Junkie
594 Posts
Theres a guy that is always out at Ride Smarts tracks days here in TX that charges 30 bucks. But it was the best 30 I have ever spent on my bike. My forks were wayyyy off when I had mine done. Even 50, for how much better it makes the bike I think is fine.

·
I try..honest I do...
127 Posts
nice one... ...... your about to enjoy your bike in a new dimension

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$50 was well worth it and it being the only shop with in a reasonable distance made it even more reasonable.

Two mechanics put down there wrenches for about 30 mins to tune my suspention. They were VERY precise on the way they did everything and went over everything 2-3 times. They had my bike in the air checking for loose connections, they checked alignment, tire pressure, etc... (they noticed that the stock dog bone had a tad bit of play.)

I would have paid $100 for the service to be honest.Did I mention that the name of the shop was "European Cycle Service" and that every bike in there costs 2-5 times more than mine?

They came highly recommended and from what I have experienced, they are one hell of a shop (Euro) that can tune a Japs suspention. They said the front suspention in the R6 was great but the rear shock needs some improvement, but in some technical terms. (Rear shock was maxed out on one of the settings.)

Some of there photos.

·
Alphabet Block
376 Posts
Sounds like a worthy investment, I've been meaning to get this done for quite some time, I just don't know anyone in the Portland area who does it.

·
BabyPuncher
492 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
I got mine done by race-tech and I was expecting a night and day difference... but it's nothing like that at all...

I mean you can feel the difference especially under braking, but yeah... definitely not night and day. Definitely worth the $20-25 they charge though.

·
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine done by race-tech and I was expecting a night and day difference... but it's nothing like that at all...

I mean you can feel the difference especially under braking, but yeah... definitely not night and day. Definitely worth the $20-25 they charge though.
My bike hasn't handled right since the day I got it. My front preload was set maxed out.. Now its dropped down 3-4 lines. My rebound and all was way out.. It was a night and day difference for me.. Low/High speed turning and braking is so much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts