Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nothing Special
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've downloaded all of the manuals I can locate on my model (2003 R6). Well and good.

Are there any errata sheets or updates for corrections that are needed? If so, location please. :)

Thank you.

·
Nothing Special
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just bumping this once to make sure it didn't get lost in obscurity. If no replies pop up I'll presume that there are no errata sheets.

Thanks.

:)

·
Just lean harder...
888 Posts
What is an errata sheet? The correct service manual should easily be found for the 2003 R6.

·
Nothing Special
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is an errata sheet? The correct service manual should easily be found for the 2003 R6.
Errata sheets are lists of corrections made to manuals. This is a super common practice among technical manual publishers and is usually provided in the form of an updated file with corrections inserted, or if the manual is a hard copy the errata sheets will be in the form of inserted manual sheets usually in some alarming color that is different that the normal manual's paper color.

As problems, misspellings, updated specs and tolerances, changes, or mistakes are discovered within the manuals, errata sheets are published. Many times tech manuals that are available online are actually scanned in hard copies. If so, it would be a sound idea to look for errata sheets, because scanned tech manuals were once paper manuals, and paper tech/service manuals ALWAYS have errata sheets. I owned and operated a repair and warranty shop for 20+ years, I've never once seen a hard copy manual that did not have errata sheets unless the manual was in it's first printing and was brand new. Yamaha has a history of publishing errata sheets for their hard manuals, I have a number of them on hand myself (not for the R6). I thought it best to ask about the availability of any correction sheets before I dove into repairing my motorcycle with the online tech manual.

Sorry to have bothered anyone, it would seem I'm the oddball around these parts :) ... more like "throwback" I guess.

Thanks folks. :)

·
"Old Slow Guy"
40 Posts
I have a Clymer manual for the 99-04 models that came with the wifes bike. I they had any extra correction pages, I didn't recieve them. I have bought several manuals over the years and had the extra correction/opdate pages included so know what you're talking about. lol

·
Nothing Special
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Clymer manual for the 99-04 models that came with the wifes bike. I they had any extra correction pages, I didn't recieve them. I have bought several manuals over the years and had the extra correction/opdate pages included so know what you're talking about. lol
OK, that's kinda good to know. All I have so far is the online tech manual. It's all well and good, but I need to obtain the Clymer (and any others as well).

Alrighty then, thanks for the reply. I'll just go with the presumption that the online tech manual is current and "safe". :)

T'anks Mangs. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts