Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Technology Ninja
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link to a how to thread on this? I searched but only came up with a few threads that said it is possible, with some pin changing, but nothing on how to do it. Just trying to see if it's worth it just to have a cosmetic difference that I would enjoy more.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Does anyone have a link to a how to thread on this? I searched but only came up with a few threads that said it is possible, with some pin changing, but nothing on how to do it. Just trying to see if it's worth it just to have a cosmetic difference that I would enjoy more.
probably not really worth it....especially if you ever plan to sell the bike. Tampered gauge clusters never look legit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
its simple

figure out what year clusters you will be using

search for both of those years r6 "wiring diagram"s the cluster, and the bike

will be a picture with a bunch of lines all over the fuucking place you wont be able to figure out. in the corner will be the part that shows you what every wire to the cluster does, and what colors they are.

use the plug you need for the new gauges, and splice all 20 or so wires onto the harness. you get the idea? compare both pics, this is the wire for this, so i should splice it to this wire.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts

·
Technology Ninja
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are awesome. Thanks for the offer coop, still trying to figure out if I want to do the switch or not, so not too sure on when I will be looking to pick the parts up.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
the only part you need is the gauge.....all you do is take the pins out of the harnass and move them around....ill be doing mine when i get back from iraq

·
Technology Ninja
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the only part you need is the gauge.....all you do is take the pins out of the harnass and move them around....ill be doing mine when i get back from iraq
Yeah, it seems pretty easy, just want to get some other stuff first, like a speedo healer to be ready.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
yea i did the same thing....i bought my speedo healer and 520 conversion before so i can change it all at once

1 - 9 of 9 Posts