Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, ive got an 08 r6r thats being turned in to a race only bike, that means she'll likely get crashed sooner than later. at some point im sure ill need to replace the muffler on it. right now it has a full exhaust, but if i do damage the muffler in a crash, can i just get a slip on muffler and put it over the mid pipe or does it have to be a muffler from a full system?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Yes, the muffler is replaceable.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I must have worded it wrong. Can I take a muffler from a slip on system and attach it to my mid pipe on my full system? I know the full system on most bikes has a larger diameter from to back than stock and some of them bolt on rather than sliding over a pipe

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Pretty much "no" on any full system. The only exception I've heard to this was Hindle, but that is second hand information about a different bike, so yeah...

You can get one of those slider band things that will probably help out, or at least give it a longer life span.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mines pretty short and comes out just behind the foot peg so it looks like that'll eat up a bunch of damage before the muffler does. But this bikes been crashed once and had a different muffler put on already so I can't be sure. I'll look in to the band. Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
You can always shorten it if it gets wrecked, albeit it'll be a bit louder. My Akra was cracked from the PO so I just cut it down and after two wrecks there isn't a single mark on it - stays nice and concealed under the rearset.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats always an option, although i think this one has been shortened already and there may not be another crash left in it, lol. so im just seeing what other options id have for this thing once i mangle it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts