Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Bitchen...

Ya know, that gives me an idea...

I removed the unnecessary horn thats on our bikes...I think Ill do this mod, but with the horn button...thanks for the idea:cheers

right now I have the little tiny Door opener thats the size of a clicker for a car alarm...and have it velcro-ed to the top of my instrument cluster...would be easy enough to do this mod

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Yes, post the how to. I'm assuming you lost high beams then?

I've been wanting to do this but I'm afraid someone will still my bike and then just have access to my garage lol..I guess you can just re-learn the remaining remotes..

Just saw the vid, with no sound.. I saw you didn't lose high beams. Now I'm more curious.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Thanks for the How too's. The horn might be an ok place too. Lol Like I have someone waiting for my beep to open.

Bookmarking now.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thanks for the link, gonna look into doing this.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link, gonna look into doing this.
No problem man. It's crazy easy. Put it this way, I am a complete dumbass when it comes to soldering wire but it only took me like 20 minutes start to finish. Buy some splicers from Radioshack, they keep you from having to cut any wires. Oh and on the 1st gen R6's the wires for the Hi-beams are black/blue for negative and black/white for positive. I don't know if it's the same for later models.

·
Registered
282 Posts

I just put this in the chest pocket of my jacket and click it through the jacket.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah but that's not awesome and James Bond-like. Plus I like tinkering with my 6. You know, poke and prod her no-no spots and fondle her secret... umm nvm.:lmao

1 - 20 of 21 Posts