Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best ones. i figured spools where spools but i jacked the bike up and the bolt broke right off flush in the swing arm and the spool went to the ground. thank god my buddy was on the side that broke and stopped it from dropping.

anyways whats everyone running? and has anyone else ever had this happen? they were bobbins i believe got them on ebay. im going to take a pic and email him tomorow and see if i cant get a refund.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
that dosent reflect the quality of the actual spool, just weak hardware, replace the bolt and you should be fine

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm using Vortex spools, and I haven't had any problems with lifting the back up with stands. I'd go with Vortex or Protek and I wouldn't pay more than $20 for the pair. I'm not sure on what is too expensive for the spools that are extended and act like a frame slider.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I'm using Vortex spools, and I haven't had any problems with lifting the back up with stands. I'd go with Vortex or Protek and I wouldn't pay more than $20 for the pair. I'm not sure on what is too expensive for the spools that are extended and act like a frame slider.

Holy crap @ your tag bracket. For that side I would think it's swingarm protection in and of itself! That thing is huge! To the OP, like the other guy up there said, it's bad hardware, go to a hardware store and get some grade 8 bolts if you can, I guarantee you wont snap them bastards!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that dosent reflect the quality of the actual spool, just weak hardware, replace the bolt and you should be fine
roger that.. unfortunetly that came to mind AFTER making the thread lol.

i can see getting it our prob be a PITA

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
roger that.. unfortunetly that came to mind AFTER making the thread lol.

i can see getting it our prob be a PITA
EZ Outs Homie:fact:
You drill out the center of the broke off bolt, the EZ out screws into it in the REVERSE direction of the threads until the EZ out is firmly screwed into the bolt then it begins to turn the bolt instead of screw into it. Should be what you need bro.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was just showing a pic of the Vortex spools on my bike! The tag swing arm mount really isn't that big, it just looks like it because I was close.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts