Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 r6 with full SS graves and a set of woodcraft rears. I am the second owner and I have spent time going over the bike and have some questions. A new bike makes me feel like a noob again. Anyways I noticed that the silencer was actually rubbing the swing arm, Dang it! I can actually slide it around and twist it some. What appears to be happening is the bolt and rubber gromet that hold the silencer in place are loose inside the rearset no matter how hard you tighten there is play allowing the silencer to move and twist a bit. So I removed it, and place the strap mount to the front face of the rearset this pulled the silencer 1/2"+ away from the swing arm, plenty of room now and it's snug. Sounds stupid but could I have clearance issues with the muffler at lean angles? it seems about equal to the peg in distance? Im guessing I need to make sure the clearance with the swing arm is correct and go with that's all I can do. I don't see anywhere there stating a clearance distance for proper full stroke length.

It's been a real PITA with this bike, I wont lie, the previous owner was a torque monster, breaker bar on the oil drain bolt and all, argh.........

·
Registered
439 Posts
If I remember right the graves systems like all other systems only fit right in one way. As in the headers have to be routed right. Make sure you have the 4 headers that go down to the two y pipes and then to the y pipe that coverts 2 pips to 1 pipe, then to the can on the correct way. They only go on and work in one orientation. Mine fits. It's close to the swing arm. But it's never rubbed. I can't believe graves would distribute something that would rub on another part.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im not so sure it's graves that is the issue and possibly more directed at the woodcraft rear allowing the bolt to have some moveable play, to reduce the play I moved the clamp to the front of the rearset mount as shown in the first pic. Not sure if the rubber mount is worn out or what allowing the bolt to move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts