Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a repost or in wrong section, but Search came up with nothing relevant.

I want to do a carbon Swingarm, but the 04 Swingarm is FAR more sexy than my 02.

Anybody know if the 02-04 are interchangeable or at least not a complete cobbled mess to swap?

Next question... I found a vendor that can make a full carbon frame... my buddies 04 does not appear to be THAT much different from my 02... would it be easier to swap the fairings from my 02 to the frame of an 04? (i know, i know.. but i like the 02 body better... don't ask. lol)

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow... How did you decide that you wanted a full carbon frame? And how much is this gonna cost you? Seems like you could buy a newer bike and do all the mods to lighten it (including wheels if you wanted). Then find a way to fit your fairings to the new bike if that's what you wanted. The 03-05 R6 would be a good candidate. Once you sold off the left overs, I would guess it would be much cheaper, or a much better bike for the same money.

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow... How did you decide that you wanted a full carbon frame? And how much is this gonna cost you? Seems like you could buy a newer bike and do all the mods to lighten it (including wheels if you wanted). Then find a way to fit your fairings to the new bike if that's what you wanted. The 03-05 R6 would be a good candidate. Once you sold off the left overs, I would guess it would be much cheaper, or a much better bike for the same money.
That's actually an option as well.. but the conversion looks like its gunna SUCK... there's a place near here that will hook me up NICELY on the carbon frame, as long as I provide the template... such as my current frame..

Yeah, I know.. old school Carb bike... why waste the money? meh.... why not... It may not grab the eye a Duc would, but It'll sure as shit be the only one around.

BTW... BUMP.. anybody know if the swingarm will swap?

·
My R6 eats Chuck Norris
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump?

Please?
:dunce:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts