Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a good set of the black stock rims off ebay, and then installed some gold rim tape. Let me know what you think. I am switching out the rear sprocket to a black one, and the rims are just temporaried on the bike to take a couple pics. I still need to install the front rotors, and I am taking the rims this weekend to get new tires on them. I will post a few more pics once I get everything mounted up, and can get the bike out side. Anyone know where I can pick up a black after market kickstand?

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
just powder coat your kickstand.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Where did you get the tape from, and how did you put it on? I've seen pre-curved strip kits and I've seen rolls of straight tape....the straight tape looks impossible to do (how do you make a perfect circle with a straight piece of tape?), and the pre-curved strips I've seen all have lettering on them.

Yours looks really good, though!

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock rims were the 08 goldish colored rims which I am going to be selling for $600 shipped if anyone is interested just PM me..

As for the kickstand I would like to find one that is made a little more heavy duty like the adjustable one on tobefast.com but I would like it to be black.

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
Monkey beat me to it.

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did you get the tape from, and how did you put it on? I've seen pre-curved strip kits and I've seen rolls of straight tape....the straight tape looks impossible to do (how do you make a perfect circle with a straight piece of tape?), and the pre-curved strips I've seen all have lettering on them.

Yours looks really good, though!

There is a guy whose wife owns a sign shop, and he had a 650R back when I did so he started making rim strips that are pre-curved, and now they sell them off there site for every bike brand. Here is a link to there site. They ship fast, and it is made out of good material that is easy to work with.

http://glsigns.com

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why did you spend money on more stock rims?
Because I got them off ebay for cheap, and I wanted black rims.. The bike is only a street bike so why spend $2000 on aftermarket rims.. I spent around $350 for the black stock rims, and now I am selling my gold one so I am actually making money on the deal. And I like the 5 spoke stock rim look over most of the aftermarket rims. Don't get me wrong I had a set of carrozzeria rims on my ninja but it was built to be a track bike/street bike.

·
chromed the **** out
8 Posts
and take the safety stickers off the swing arm. sick bike tho

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and take the safety stickers off the swing arm. sick bike tho
Thanks.. You know I never even noticed those stickers....:dunce:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Are you willing to negotiate on the price? I've been wanting those rims off the '08s. I was thinking of powder coating mine which would be a lot cheaper but it's nice to have another set. Are you including the tires too?

·
08 Yamaha R6
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you willing to negotiate on the price? I've been wanting those rims off the '08s. I was thinking of powder coating mine which would be a lot cheaper but it's nice to have another set. Are you including the tires too?
The tire are included, and they only have about 800 break in miles on them, so they look brand new. I maybe willing to work on the price depending on how much the shipping is going to cost.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts