Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering if anyone has used a T.F.I for adjusting there air/fuel. Along with a pipe and air filter on an EFI R6 and if they got good gains from it. any input would be great

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
I have it and it does its job. I had a 10 horse gain with my mods. But I would rather have a pcIII or bazzaz.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have it and it does its job. I had a 10 horse gain with my mods. But I would rather have a pcIII or bazzaz.
Do you have a dyno sheet showing the a/f ratio? I'd like to see it since the TFI cannot lean the mixture so I'm curious to see if you're running rich in any areas.

·
2008 R6, SS600
394 Posts
I have one on my gixxer 750 track bike.

The good thing about them is you can only add fuel, so you can't kill your engine by making it too lean.

Get on a good quiet road, with a screwdriver and take runs. write down your adjustments. When you go too far you'll feel it, so back it off until you're happy.

Fueling issues and alterations are very easy really. Everyone knows the fueling is wrong when they feel it. People think they don't know if it's right or wrong, but that's usually becasue it's right. If it's wrong, they'll feel a dead spot etc.

Each screw does something different, so you have your low end, mid range and top end etc. It's trial and error really, but you'll know if it's wrong. I've not had a before and after dyno as it was on when i got the bike, but it makes the bike extremely smooth and consistent when applying the power, like no other bike i'veridden. very very smooth power output.

Bongo

·
Love to RIDE!
238 Posts
I don't right now but I can tell you I'm still running lean in all the rpm's. It was at 17 to 1 air to fuel and now it's about 15 to 1.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have one on my gixxer 750 track bike.

The good thing about them is you can only add fuel, so you can't kill your engine by making it too lean.

Get on a good quiet road, with a screwdriver and take runs. write down your adjustments. When you go too far you'll feel it, so back it off until you're happy.

Fueling issues and alterations are very easy really. Everyone knows the fueling is wrong when they feel it. People think they don't know if it's right or wrong, but that's usually becasue it's right. If it's wrong, they'll feel a dead spot etc.

Each screw does something different, so you have your low end, mid range and top end etc. It's trial and error really, but you'll know if it's wrong. I've not had a before and after dyno as it was on when i got the bike, but it makes the bike extremely smooth and consistent when applying the power, like no other bike i'veridden. very very smooth power output.

Bongo
You've gotta be kidding me..

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
ummmmmm someone tell me what a T.F.I is????:popcorn:

·
2008 R6, SS600
394 Posts
ummmmmm someone tell me what a T.F.I is????:popcorn:
http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle-performance-accessories/techlusion_fuel_injection_control_module.htm#Suzuki

You've gotta be kidding me..
Yeah, i read my post an i can completely see why you are like hmmmmm...

I stand by what i think, but getting it into words is hard! Maybe I didn't do a good job in the last post!

What i mean is that the TFI won't damage your bike, as it can only richen the mixture, not lean it out. So as you're coming from stock/standard injection, mapping and mixture (which you should be as you can't use a TFI with a PC), you are pretty safe when it comes to playing with it yourself and not damaging the bike.

If you have no sluggish spots or dead spots through the rpm range, then it indicates the fueling is in an alright state (when stock i mean). You can work on the TFI to get rid of these dead spots by changing the injection settings. Obviously ideally a dyno would be the very best solution, but if you can't do this for money or accessibility, then you can do it yourself with success.

Power increases, i obviously don't know, but for feel and translation of power from throttle to wheel, the TFI has been great for me. A dyno run would be good now i suppose, but a straight piece of road, a screw driver and some time worked well for my bike, with the TFI getting rid of the dead spots and making the increase in rpm and power consistent and smooth.

Bongo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts