Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 yamaha R6
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been looking for a tail light upgrade and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a tail light available for a 06 r6 that looks like the one on the added picture?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Administrator
238 Posts
That's not a 06-07 in the picture. That's a 17-22. But here's something I think you will like.

·
Registered
06 yamaha R6
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not a 06-07 in the picture. That's a 17-22. But here's something I think you will like.
I am aware that this is not the 06 07 r6. I am looking for a more modern looking tail light (like the one in the picture) for my 06 r6.

Thanks for your link but that is not what I am looking for unfortunately.

·
Registered
06 yamaha R6
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
238 Posts
Thanks for your link but that is not what I am looking for unfortunately.
Unfortunately, you're not going to find that for your 06 R6 as it doesn't exist. Only way would be to buy one for the 17+ r6 from the linked website and modify it to fit. Good luck!

Is the subframe on the 06 welded on to the frame or is it bolted? You may have better luck replacing the whole subframe from the 17-22 R6.

·
Registered
06 yamaha R6
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is too bad!

Is the tail light from the 06-07 so different from the 17-22 that you need to swap out the subframe? :eek:

I was hoping with a few tweaks to the mounting brackets of the tail light itself and maybe some Dremel grinding here and there, it would fit... But I guess I have to let this one go... bummer!

thanks for your help though! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
22 Posts

I have this one, IMO its not that practical as I think the indicators are built into the cluster and to pass an MOT you need to keep changing it back.

·
Registered
06 yamaha R6
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the Netherlands we don't have a MOT for motorcycles so that wouldn't be a problem. I just don't like the individual led's. Although it is better than stock.

·
Administrator
238 Posts
I have this one, IMO its not that practical as I think the indicators are built into the cluster and to pass an MOT you need to keep changing it back.
Not everyone has to get inspections. Just because you do doesn't mean this is not a practical taillight for peeps that want an integrated version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts