Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All,

I'm the VERY proud new owner of an '04 R6. I *LOVE* the way the bike looks except for the rear fender (what a monstrosity that is!)

I'm looking for a good combination of parts/aftermarket solution that will get my tail section cleaned it all up.

I've read the forum and the Pivot kit seems to be the unit of choice. Where are you all purchasing them and for how much? Are you pleased with your purchase?

I'm also looking for an integerated turn signal solution for the rear. Can anyone give personal testimonials of their experiences?

Thanks, All!

Richard

·
Registered
537 Posts
The pivot kit is expensive but it looks nice, personally I went witht he pivot kit and the taillight integration kit (Dr. X Kit) from VFX at http://www.vfxkits.com/index.ch2. I also have an 04 R6 and it cleans it up very well as you can see here:

I am very happy with how it all came out, there are also more tailght integration kits though. You can get a UFO lights from Hammy The Can Man (Link on left of page) or the Clear Alternatives kit from Clear Alternatives (Link on left of page also) and then there is the CustomLED kit (not sure of the link).

BE4TNUT

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
i didnt get the pivot kit, just got a cheapo off ebay. but i got the VFX DR.X kit for my bike also. very good product. not hard to install, and give some of the best instructions i have ever seen.

i have heard good things about all of the different kits beatnut talked about(clear alternatives and UFO) so its really up to u.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
aloha is2scooby..... if you do get the pivot kit from vfx, just to let you know you have a choice of blue or white leds. i got the blue leds. i see more blue lights flashing in my mirrors than anything else. well this is on maui. i am sure oahu would be the same. my suggestion is get the white leds, and save yourself the hassle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stoneloco808 said:
aloha is2scooby..... if you do get the pivot kit from vfx, just to let you know you have a choice of blue or white leds. i got the blue leds. i see more blue lights flashing in my mirrors than anything else. well this is on maui. i am sure oahu would be the same. my suggestion is get the white leds, and save yourself the hassle.
Much mahalo for the heads up. I don't need any more HPD attention that I get already for sure! It'll be the white LED's when I order. :)

Did you do something about your turn signals after installing the pivot kit?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BE4TNUT said:
The pivot kit is expensive but it looks nice, personally I went witht he pivot kit and the taillight integration kit (Dr. X Kit) from VFX at http://www.vfxkits.com/index.ch2. I also have an 04 R6 and it cleans it up very well as you can see here:
BE4TNUT
Your bike looks GREAT! Wow. I'm jealous! I'm going to have to blow a paycheck on some R6 goodies. :)

Off-topic: Do you take passengers? If so are there any complaints regarding your high-mount exhaust and their comfort?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I dont ride passengers yet but where the pegs are relocated to I dont think it would be an issue, also my Ti exhaust displaces heat alot better than the stock one. If you want more pictures just let me know I gotta a couple more of my bike, so far I am really happy with how its coming along, now I need to flushmount the front signals and get some sliders.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
537 Posts
My Oppinion...

The UFO lights deffinately does quite a bit more than the VFX kit, but I like the VFX kit better because anything that does fancy patterns will get me pulled over where I live. Also the VFX comes as a plug n play kit which I always love, so I didnt have to mess with opening my taillight and install new parts myself. Just my 2 cents.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You can also check out M.D. Wright Inc.

http://www.flashalert.com/

If you like how the stock looks as far as brightness, clean look of evenly spaced LED's.......MD is the way to go. Their work is awesome and tons of people have used them. They were one of the first, if not the first, to start integrating R6 LED taillights.

They have a flashalert to make the brake lights blink while holding using the brakes, and this option can be turned off as well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You can also check out M.D. Wright Inc.

http://www.flashalert.com/

If you like how the stock looks as far as brightness, clean look of evenly spaced LED's.......MD is the way to go. Their work is awesome and tons of people have used them. They were one of the first, if not the first, to start integrating R6 LED taillights.

They have a flashalert to make the brake lights blink while holding using the brakes, and this option can be turned off as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.