Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing new front turn signals yesterday and when i was hooking them up i left the key on and touched the two black wires together on accident hearing something crackle the tail lights and turn signals won't work now. Its not the fuse i've checked that but i didn't know if there are any other inline fuses or something else anyone else could think of.... Thanks!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you touched the wires it should have fried the fuse... if not then you fried the wires which is unlikely cause the fuse shoulda blown first

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would swap out the fuse even if it doesn't look blown. I have had this happen to me in a car before, the fuse looked good and I couldn't figure out my problem. When I finally swapped out the fuse just in case, it worked! At least give it a try.
Also if you have a multi-meter:
1. disconnect the wires from turn signal, make sure they are not touching anything and meter from the other side to see if it reads open. (it should)
2. ground out one end and meter from the other end to see if it has good continuity. If so then your wires should be okay.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys for the help i found the other little fuses finally after lookin over a wiring diagram. Yea that is one tyte ass i have in my pic, but imma post pics of my bike when it gets a little warmer and i can ride it outside i just got it newly painted and everything its lookin awesome!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts