Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Thank you, Chuck Norris.
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plates came in and I thought to myself "Hey, after work I'll just throw those on real quick and I'll go for a ride". NOPE! Because the dealer put on the fender eliminator, they also put on plate lights. So, to remove the license plate, I have to unplug those lights from their harness under the passenger seat, restring them through the holes and plug them back in.

Okay that part was a huge pain, and it turns out that once I connect them again, they don't work and neither does my taillight. I don't know if the taillight and tag lights don't work because of some loose wiring, or because I'm unsure of which license plate light wires connect to which wires on the bike. I paired the blacks together and the reds together, but nothing is working.

The wires that go into the taillight felt loose, so I figured I'd just take off the taillight. NOPE! I have no idea how to get that thing off. The frame is right in the way of 2 screws that need to be removed. I'm pretty sure that is what's causing the taillight to not work.

Any help would be great. I'd rather not take this into Yamaha for something so damn stupid.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
My plates came in and I thought to myself "Hey, after work I'll just throw those on real quick and I'll go for a ride". NOPE! Because the dealer put on the fender eliminator, they also put on plate lights. So, to remove the license plate, I have to unplug those lights from their harness under the passenger seat, restring them through the holes and plug them back in.

Okay that part was a huge pain, and it turns out that once I connect them again, they don't work and neither does my taillight. I don't know if the taillight and tag lights don't work because of some loose wiring, or because I'm unsure of which license plate light wires connect to which wires on the bike. I paired the blacks together and the reds together, but nothing is working.

The wires that go into the taillight felt loose, so I figured I'd just take off the taillight. NOPE! I have no idea how to get that thing off. The frame is right in the way of 2 screws that need to be removed. I'm pretty sure that is what's causing the taillight to not work.

Any help would be great. I'd rather not take this into Yamaha for something so damn stupid.
Shouldn't be that hard if you step back, relax, and look at it.

If you don't have an integrated tail light it should be even easier.

Now questions:
Do they have plug and play or did you splice them and retaped them with electrical tape?

Can you get some pictures?

The white connector goes to the white connector should be plug and play. The tag lights aren't normal plug and play, they have a clear tube over them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts